Thread: Some additions and a lil humor

Some additions and a lil humor

So I decided to take up daily recitation of the Verse of Attonement, The 4 Vows and singing the Heart Sutra.

Funny thing about singing. I am gawd awful at it. Never really done it. Throat hurts about half way through. And I'm fairly certain that even though I enjoy doing it, All Buddhas and Bodhisattvas across time and space crapped themselves and shook their heads with a look of revulsion.

Dave _/_

Re: Some additions and a lil humor

Quote Originally Posted by ZenDave
    So I decided to take up daily recitation of the Verse of Attonement, The 4 Vows and singing the Heart Sutra.

Funny thing about singing. I am gawd awful at it. Never really done it. Throat hurts about the half way through. And I'm fairly certain that even though I enjoy doing it, All Buddhas and Bodhisattvas across time and spece crapped themselves and shook their heads with a look of revulsion.

Dave _/_
    Oh Dave, that is how I feel ... and I netcast my version every week to the world during out Zazenkai. You should hear me in the shower though! ops:

You know, I just heard Zen Teacher and Tenzo Ed Brown say that, in the "Instructions for the Cook", Master Dogen was always talking about doing an act with "sincerity" because it is not about "attaining perfection". So, be off key if you can't help it ... but be sincere about it.

Gassho, J

All Buddhas and Bodhisattvas across time and spece crapped themselves and shook their heads with a look of revulsion.
    LOL

W

Well I'm not really worried about how I sound, so much as the sincerity. I do try to put my heart into it and be sincere. But trust me, Jundo, if your version could be released as a platinum album I'd then be the guy at the bottom of the charts.

Now I was fair to myself at first, decided I just had to know. Recorded myself while reciting it. Listened. Then deleted it because after so much cracking voice, voice changing ( sometimes deep,sometimes girly), and obvious non-flowing pauses for breath, in compassion I came to the conclusion that no such recording could ever be unleashed upon the public even for purposes of drunken Facebook humor , causing many an unsuspecting listener to bleed profusely from the ears.

Dave , The Rock Star _/_

Two days ago my wife Barbara picked up a glass and it mysteriously shattered in her hand. Was it one of you guys?

Daiku

PS: Barbara`s OK, she didn`t cut herself so we won`t be suing.

LOL, Brian. It may have been. suppose it depends on if you guys have been the victims of one of the natural disasters inadvertently unleashed. 8)

Dave _/_

You know what? If Zen Buddhism can help us all be a little less self conscious and "just sing" then it's worth the effort.
    You go, Dave.

Gassho,
    -K2