Thread: Soup Bowl Kinhin

Soup Bowl Kinhin

So for lunch I had a bowl of homemade veggie soup. There was only a little left in the pot so I decided to squeeze it all into one little bowl. So , of course it was now overfull. After a step or two I noticed there was no way I was gonna make it to the computer room without spilling. Started to get a lil irritated because I was trying to get back to the comp becuase i was in the middle of something.

Then I chuckled at myself for being cranky over nothing. Took a breath and stepped again. Took another breath then stepped again. I thought to myself " Oh yeah, enjoy the journey." relaxed..stepped. and so on till I got to the computer room one step at a time, smiling at how it wasn't spilling either.

Went to set it on my desk and made a huge mess setting it down. Even got some on my mouse. Started to get pissy. Deep breath. Let it drop. Smiled as I got the washcloth to clean it up. Relaxed. Enjoyed the wiping. Each swipe complete and perfect. Each piece of corn , onion and tomato in the floor..perfect.

Put the washcloth in the laundry room smiling. Came back in and sat down to actually eat the soup. Put my feet right into the still wet spot in the floor then grumbled for five minutes as I put my feet up on the foot rest I have under the desk.

And that concludes my story which will be titled..."Veggie Soup Feet".

_/_

Re: Soup Bowl Kinhin

Quote Originally Posted by ZenDave
    Went to set it on my desk and made a huge mess setting it down. Even got some on my mouse. Started to get pissy. Deep breath. Let it drop. Smiled as I got the washcloth to clean it up. Relaxed. Enjoyed the wiping. Each swipe complete and perfect. Each piece of corn , onion and tomato in the floor..perfect.

Put the washcloth in the laundry room smiling. Came back in and sat down to actually eat the soup. Put my feet right into the still wet spot in the floor then grumbled for five minutes as I put my feet up on the foot rest I have under the desk.
    And THOSE are the "Instructions for the Cook" !

Re: Soup Bowl Kinhin

Funny you say that, Jundo. That's what I was reading about an hour before all this.

Dave _/_