Thread: SPECIAL 6-Hr Jean-Marc Bazy/Ango ZAZENKAI - SATURDAY-SUNDAY

SPECIAL 6-Hr Jean-Marc Bazy/Ango ZAZENKAI - SATURDAY-SUNDAY

Hi,

THIS SATURDAY/SUNDAY (depending on location) ...

... to "unofficially" kick off our ANGO season a little early ("officially" beginning August 29th) ...

viewtopic.php?p=26468#p26468

and to mark the visit to Treeleaf Tsukuba all this coming week of JEAN-MARC BAZY, a teacher in Nishijima Roshi's Lineage from Lyon, France ...

http://zendogensangha.free.fr/

... WE WILL BE HAVING A SPECIAL 6-HOUR ZAZENKAI THIS SUNDAY (SATURDAY IN MANY PLACES). I hope you will sit-a-long.. Because the live sitting time will not be possible in many locations, I hope you will all manage to sit with the recorded version which I will post ... especially folks who will be participating in our upcoming Ango.

THE HOURS ARE NOW BEING FINALIZED and will be posted here shortly. It will REPLACE OUR USUAL SATURDAY ZAZENKAI.

PLEASE JOIN US AND SIT-A-LONG or, as they say in French ... s'il vous plaît avoir un siège

Gassho, Jundo

Re: SPECIAL 6-Hr Jean-Marc Bazy/Ango ZAZENKAI - SATURDAY-SUNDAY

Hi
    Sounds like the wee hours of the morning? what time will this be taking place?
    *EDIT - Ooooh Im quite slow this morning... it will not be live as most couldnt pull the time frame. Gotcha
    /me drifts back to sleep

Gassho
    Shohei

HERE IS THE TIME ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THIS WEEK'S 6-HOUR ZAZENKAI. (I am sorry about the delay, but it was dependent on Jean-Marc's arrival from France)

BECAUSE THE TIME WILL BE INCONVENIENT FOR MOST PEOPLE, PLEASE DO PARTICIPATE WITH THE RECORDED VERSION (however, please DO sit-a-long at a time you can arrange ... especially if you will be joining in our upcoming Ango)

The Zazenkai will be netcast on our Beliefnet.com blog ...

http://blog.beliefnet.com/treeleafzen/

... from SUNDAY, from 11am to 5pm Japan time (that is New York Saturday 10pm to Sunday 4am, Los Angeles Saturday 7pm to Sunday 1am, London Sunday 3am to 9am and Paris Sunday 4am to 10am)

... and available thereafter in "on demand" recorded form. The tentative sitting schedule is as follows (remember that Kinhin times also can serve to stretch, drink water, use the restroom, etc.):

00:00 - 00:50 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA / SANDOKAI) & ZAZEN
    00:50 - 01:00 KINHIN
    01:00 - 01:40 ZAZEN
    01:40 - 01:50 KINHIN

01:50 - 02:30 DHARMA TALK (Jean-Marc-Bazy) & ZAZEN
    02:30 - 02:40 KINHIN
    02:40 - 03:20 ZAZEN
    03:20 - 03:30 KINHIN
    03:30 - 04:10 ZAZEN
    04:10 - 04:20 KINHIN

04:20 - 05:05 DHARMA TALK (Jean-Marc Bazy) & ZAZEN
    05:05 - 05:25 KINHIN
    05:30 - 06:00 METTA CHANT & ZAZEN, VERSE OF ATONEMENT, FOUR VOWS, & CLOSING

So, please join us and ... sit-a--long ...

Gassho, Jundo

I have the intention to get up by 4 am (my schedule permits it and this is almost as early as I get upn on week days) but I will see how it works out. More concerned about sitting for 6 hours so if after a while you see me collapse don't worry - I haven'd done long sittings for a while.
    Look forward to it!

Will be fun to hear some French. Will try to get hold of a copy of Heart Sutra in French. 8)

Gassho,

Irina

Don't know if I can make it until 4am but I intend to sit the first couple of hours at least.

Ron

I am very embarassed but I cannot find people. ops: Am in the Zen hall but nobody's here. Should be another venue I guess but where? :shock:
    I did get up at 4 am though. :roll:

Gassho,

Irina

Hi.

Thanks for the zazenkai.
    Looking forward to hear Onshi Bazy again, maybe during the "regular talks"?
    And hopefully other people will sit with OJ some other time?

And my internetconnection held up all the time this time (i was the anonymus lurker...).

Now i'm off into the world.

Mtfbwy
    Fugen

Thank you Jundo and guest Jean-Marc "Tenryu" Bazy for your insightful talks at this evening's Ango Zazenkai.
    My day started 5 AM on Saturday and it's now 1AM Sunday and I'm fully alert, go figure.

Gassho,
    miheco

I'm sorry to say that I had the volume turned up all the way on my computer and ustream but could not hear the talks clearly. Maybe my hearing ability is lacking.

Thank you Jean-Marc Bazy and Jundo for this special Zazenkai and dharma talks.

Unfortunately, I was not able to view the second video in its entirety. Did anyone else have this problem?
    The first and third video played without interruption, but the second stops around 3 minutes and 13 seconds. I tried it several times. I tried reloading through Upstream, through connecting via the blog link, I tried allotting more memory to my browser and flushing the cache, but it would stop at the same place every time and return back to the beginning. If anyone has a suggestion as how to remedy this, it would be greatly appreciated.

I look forward to the returning to the sitting and and Bazy Sensei's dharma talk.
    gassho,
    t

Quote Originally Posted by Rich
    I'm sorry to say that I had the volume turned up all the way on my computer and ustream but could not hear the talks clearly. Maybe my hearing ability is lacking.
    Yes, the cicadas and crickets were in fine form today, and speaking louder than the teachers. Well, perhaps we should just listen to what they had to preach.

As to the recording stopping ... I am not seeing that here. However, it does happen sometimes with Ustream and Youtube for some folks and not others, and I am not sure why.

Around here, we do not call these "technical problems" ... We call them "teachings" and "Koans".

Gassho, J

I have not yet completed my abbreviated version of the Jean-Marc Bazy/Ango ZAZENKAI but so far it has been a wonderful day. I'm writing during my work periods. Thank you Jundo and Jean-Marc.

Thank you for looking into that, Jundo Sensei. The teaching is well received
    The cicadas were a treat! I hadn't heard their racket in years.

Re 6-Hr Jean-Marc Bazy/Ango ZAZENKAI - SATURDAY-SUNDAY

Dear Jundo and everyone,
    I was unable to login for the Zazenkai Special .... got a window asking username and password (never saw that before on the sit - along's) ... my password was refused. Today (Monday) still no success. Am I missing vital information??
    Excuse my ignorance on this ... hope someone can help.

Gassho
    Nadi

Re: Re 6-Hr Jean-Marc Bazy/Ango ZAZENKAI - SATURDAY-SUNDAY

Quote Originally Posted by Bids
    Dear Jundo and everyone,
    I was unable to login for the Zazenkai Special .... got a window asking username and password (never saw that before on the sit - along's) ... my password was refused. Today (Monday) still no success. Am I missing vital information??
    Excuse my ignorance on this ... hope someone can help.

Gassho
    Nadi
    Thank you for telling me, Nadi. It should be fixed now. Gassho, Jundo

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo
    Yes, the cicadas and crickets were in fine form today, and speaking louder than the teachers. Well, perhaps we should just listen to what they had to preach.
    Jundo,

Thank you so much for the explaination of the sound. I recently had my first introduction to cicadas and should have remembered them. The entire 6 hours was wonderful, bugs included! If you could, please pass on my grateful thanks to Jean-Marc "Tenryu" Bazy for his insightful talks for Ango Zazenkai.

I was not sure I would last the full time, but when I quit thinking, I also quit worrying about getting through the full zazenkai, and finished wide awake, as miheco did.

Gassho,

LindaW