Too Funny. Thank you. :lol:

Re: Sickest Buddhist ;)

"I look so serene when I bust a lotus
    But I don't have an ego so I wouldn't even notice."
    :mrgreen:

Word!

Hysterically sick! The only thing possibly funnier would be Jundo doing that song :shock:

Hey guys,

Aaawww! I missed it...the site says it has been deleted. :cry:

Jinmei

I missed it too! What happened?

Apparently the video has been taken down, can't find it anywhere. But I did find this funny clip from "All in the Family." It's not a rap about (inaccurate) Buddhism, but it is funny, so visitors to this thread at least get something to laugh at.

Buddha bless you!
    http://<iframe class="restrain" titl...="0"></iframe>

I couldn't find it either, Alan. but I was just reading a few sites and apparently the video had caught on like wildfire. But then got taken down because of it being considered distasteful and inappropriate.

The idea of the song/video is apparently an intentional jab at spiritual materialism ( and is to be released on an upcoming DVD). And some consider it pretty crude and misinformed.

I thought it was funny.

And one of the threads I was skimming over was on Beliefnet. From the sounds of it, the person took it down of their own accord.

Dave

That buddhist dude was funny (now that I've seen the real potential of buddhism I'm really hooked ) and I enjoyed the video. They should do a version with a female dudette star. Is there a way to save a video to your computer (for the next time I see something like that)?

Phoenix, from the bits I read it doesn't seem like it was a commercial reason it was taken down. Seems more like many find it in poor taste. There seemed to be a good bit of debating on whether it was right to point fingers at spiritual materialists or not.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenDave
    Phoenix, from the bits I read it doesn't seem like it was a commercial reason it was taken down. Seems more like many find it in poor taste. There seemed to be a good bit of debating on whether it was right to point fingers at spiritual materialists or not.
    I do not understand why anyone would want to take it down as "offensive". First off, it was hilarious. Next First off, the Buddha is never offended.

Jundo, do a search and you can easily find the discussions. I thought it was funny as hell myself.*shrug* But apparently some folks didn't care for the profanity or the image it presented. But I really just read a lil bit. It does seem to be the talk of the town, so to speak. But I took it in the good humor it was meant to be and some folks are just a bit too stuck up for that.

To me, first it was funny as heck and know the comedian. Two, I think it's a good satire of those who practice Buddhism as if it were a pair of Prada sunglasses. Some folks just gotta get a funny bone. :mrgreen:

I think sometimes people get offended because something strikes so close to their personal truth that it makes them uncomfortable, so they take offense as a means of defense. Other times I think people take offense because they are so attached to their beliefs and practices that there is no room left over to laugh at their beliefs and practices. Sometimes that attachment is to a rigid view of right speech, and so certain forms of humor are viewed as rude and thus wrong speech. I think sometimes people just need to lighten up and find that middle way.

hahahaha :lol:

I needed this today...

thank you!

Jinmei (Kelly)