Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: save the zen hall!

Re: save the zen hall!

ron - yes, i thought there was a disturbance in the force :lol:

anyway, cause my computer that morning wouldn't connect to mebeam, i wouldn't know who was sitting in the hall, probably no one

back from sailing/motoring

bob/roky

Just a quick quiet 'thank you' to the folks i sat with this morning--thanks for being there! Ann

hi ann, i think saw you in there this am, just before my laptop decided to be uncooperative -- i remember sitting a few times with you last year, was good to see you again, i was away for a while -- i'll be in a bit more this next 2 weeks, so maybe we'll connect again -- if you see a furry stuff toy in the hall, thats totoro -- he's a nature spirit from japan, so i think he adds a good vibe to the hall, and it allows me to get away from the noise of the desktop -- i position him in front of the webcam, and sit in the bedroom, when my laptop is acting up

and if you see a furry bald guy, thats me, when the laptop/mebeam is working :lol:

gassho, bob/roky

Hi, Ann. Nice to sit with you this mornin' as well.

_/_

Being trown out five minutes into sitting

Hi Roky,

ok, this is a zendo, with a (virtual) zen hall -- why am i one of the only ones here who uses the hall?
    I am very glad the hall exists and am trying to use it now but wanted to test how it worked before booking myself solid for the days to come which I know will motivate me more to sit and recommit to the daily sitting practice. I sat yesteray but was out of the hall within a few minutes: each time I'd choose to get in the story repeated itself. What do I have to do to stay inside?

Gassho,

Irina

Hi Irina,
    You need to open two windows in the zen-hall or it will kick you out. Don't worry, you get used to seeing two of yourself eventually!

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by rculver
    Hi Irina,
    You need to open two windows in the zen-hall or it will kick you out. Don't worry, you get used to seeing two of yourself eventually!

Ron
    Does one not count any longer?
    I knew there should be a solution. Maybe seeing two of me would make me forget about me as something I am acquianted with? :shock:

Thanks, Ron!

Gassho,

Irina

Now that I'm back from travel and my schedule is stable I tried sitting in the Zendo this morning but got nothing at all from the mebeam plugin, just a big blank white space where I used to get either video or at least a purple square. Is it working for anyone else?

Thanks ... Scott

On my Mac, I see just blank pages (though maybe that emptiness is intentional...). This for both the Zen Hall and the Meeting Hall.

what i see is an image of an incence burner.. am i in the right place?

Quote Originally Posted by bayamo
    what i see is an image of an incence burner.. am i in the right place?
    That might be . I'm trying to use and the "Always Open Zen Hall" it leads to.

Hi folks!
    This has happend in the past... here is why

Current Treeleaf code to name and load the "zen hall" :

Mebeam has updated their stuff and so now things are handled like this:

Okay so this means in human terms the embedflashvar here on Treeleaf is no longer up to date. Its calling for the mebeam.swf source and mebeam has renamed it to hibeam.swf

So for now, until its fixed in the code here, the solution would be go to this link:

http://www.mebeam.com/Treeleaf-ZenHall
    and your golden.
    Same rules apply as before, 2 clients min or you get the boot.

Gassho
    Sho-Geek

Hmmm. Well, let me contact one of our technical geniuseseses and try to get that updated in the coming days.

Gassho, J

Hiya
    The zen hall and meeting hall should be working fine now.

Gassho
    Shohei

Gassho!

Thank you, Shohei, for going into the technical heart of Treeleaf and fixing it.

I understand that you are planning to sit this weekend's Retreat live with Taigu and me and the others ... and we will be thinking (and non-thinking) of you the whole time. Gassho, Jundo

I am and very excited/anxious to be honest!
    Thank you!

Gassho
    Shohei

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk
    I am and very excited/anxious to be honest!
    Thank you!

Gassho
    Shohei
    I believe you sat the Rohatsu Retreat last year with us too? So, you are already an old experienced leaf.

Gassho, Jundo

Hi
    True I did, but heh, im no expert! A second time around just means i have bit more of an idea of whats to expect

Gassho
    Shohei

Hi
    True I did, but heh, im no expert! A second time around just means i have bit more of an idea of whats to expect

Gassho
    Shohei
    Exactly what I was thinking Shohei! Looking forward to sitting live with you both.

Gassho,
    Dosho

Hello all,

Warning newbie question..... I just bought a web cam and am going to try it out tonight. When sitting live with the retreat is it recommended to try and sit in the zen hall? My internet connection is broadband, but it does freeze up periodically (sometimes lots) and thus I plan to follow along with the schedule on my own if my internet goes out. Anyway do people usually sit in the zen hall when sitting in real time with retreats? Thanks!

Gassho,
    BrianW

Hi Brian!
    FWIW Im going to be trying the same. While I too have broadband its satellite which means alot of latency and bandwidth throttle.

If it fails so be it. if the main video feed fails switch to the power proof version *( the printed schedule and chant book provided here on the forums) and not sweat it.

My main LiveJundo froze on me last year and i just left it alone and tada it came back. Key here is to continue sitting and staying in sesshin mode regardless of technological glitches.

see you then!

Gassho
    Shohei

Hi Shohei,

Thanks for the info....I will give it a try. Printed version is the fail safe! See you at the retreat....hopefully.

Gassho,
    BrianW

It's funny that I use the webcam for the monthly zazenkai, but didn't occur to me to use it for the retreat. It's always an adventure, so I'll be seeing or not seeing you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dosho
    It's funny that I use the webcam for the monthly zazenkai, but didn't occur to me to use it for the retreat.
    I do the zazenkai in the recorded form always, never live and thus the web cam never was an issue. I also find with the zazenkai I have lots of blips and internet issues and thus the retreat might be a real adventure!

Hiyas
    I just set up the cams and various computer who-ha. turned it all on including my gaming rig in the living room in which my wife was surfing on, so the lap top has/will have The live stream on it (for my test i loaded up some streaming vids including the Zen hall - no webcam to old to do to many things at once. Next i have another computer running 2 cams one for the zen hall connection and one recording the whole dang thing in time lapse and saving it. Works well and the hit on the bandwith wasn't noticeable.

this is what it looks like

time for sleep!

Gassho
    Shohei

Hey Dirk,

Nice setup! I don't have anything together yet since I'll be using one of the boys' rooms and he's sleeping in there now. My wife is away on business until tomorrow afternoon so I'll be getting my usual bedroom setup transferred up to my son's room tomorrow morning (if the baby will let me...sometimes he sleeps, sometimes he cries!). Our room is on the main floor but their rooms are upstairs and more quiet. I'll try to have my cam on for the zen hall, but that'll be it. Still, will be nice to see some other folks too.

See ya tomorrow!

Gassho,
    Dosho

Shohei,

Wow! You are a source of inspiration! I have quite a few computers, but set-up more for production and post (e.g, After effects), then web apt. Nevertheless, I just "inherited" a mac mini with a nice screen and I have my laptop. I'm going to Best Buys in a bit and see what I can cook up. I'll, be in our basement, which is the size of a bowling alley...thus lots of room. I'll post later if anything comes of this.

Gassho,
    BrianW

Awesome Brian!
    I wasnt going to do anything at all but sit with the livefeed then i changed my mind a few weeks back...then again...this week. my boss tried to get me a highend cam and tripod and stuff, (hes a sound guy for local indi movies with and member of the local film coop so its his thing) i liked his ideas but all the cams were out or broken so he gave the go ahead to lift that spare imac and cables, router etc. Bows to him.

ANywho Just noted..i had only one client in the zenhall and meeting hall and NEVER got kicked!! what ever Was off before is fixed (dunno how but i wont ask!) So no need for 2 tabs/windows or couple of browsers running inorder to stay connected. Good news i wanted to share! See you all soon.

Gassho
    Shohei

ANywho Just noted..i had only one client in the zenhall and meeting hall and NEVER got kicked!! what ever Was off before is fixed (dunno how but i wont ask!) So no need for 2 tabs/windows or couple of browsers running inorder to stay connected. Good news i wanted to share! See you all soon.
    Gassho!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12