Thread: June Zazenkai - This Saturday!

June Zazenkai - This Saturday!

Hello all,

Just a quick reminder that this month's Zazenkai is this weekend. Here are the times for some major cities:

Saturday, June 6
    Tokyo - 9pm to 1am
    New York - 8am to noon
    Los Angeles - 5am to 9am
    London - 1pm to 5pm
    Paris - 2pm to 6pm

If you have trouble figuring out what time it is for you, please email or PM me...I have trouble all the time!

More info about the Zazenkai can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=668&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Gassho,
    Dosho

Re: June Zazenkai - This Saturday!

Thanks for the reminder Dosho!

Gassho,
    Jen

hi all, and thanks, jundo -- i was there, for most of it, and was great to be sitting with you -- unfortunately i am having my own technical difficulties, so didn't have sound until after the dharma talk(i was actually rewriting some files in xubuntu linux in the middle of the zazenkai), but had it working in time to hear the metta chant, which was, for me, a pleasant surprise -- although i have used a version of it for years, i found it was more powerful when shared with jundo -- next, i will need to get my webcam to work under xubuntu, and get mebeam to recognize it -- i hope to have this done by next week, as i will be a temporary bachelor for about 10 days, and plan on doing a "mini-retreat"

oops, forgot to mention, i was on ustream, as the zenhall wouldn't work today for me -- although i have been able to use it this week, without a webcam -- think i saw padre in there, live.

roky/bob

sarsem

Hi,

I'm new here and this was my first attempt to "sit-along". I followed the link http://www.treeleaf.org/zendo/zen-hall.php
    in the hope of finding the simulcast but there was no sign of Jundo. Did I do anything wrong? Should I have gone to blog site instead? I see the recorded version is there.

Any info would be appreciated.

Brian

unless it has changed from last year, when all things technical were working, i would see all of us who have webcams, and jundo, in the zen hall during zazenkai -- in addition, jundo would also be seen live on ustream -- but we were having a lot of technical problems with the zen hall then, so i would also open ustream -- otherwise, jundo would keep disappearing from the zen hall, or losing sound -- in general, the quality of the video seemed better on ustream than on me beam(zen hall) -- plus, if we had a big turnout, jundo's screen woiuld be itty-bitty

today i saw some folks in the beginning, though not me, but no jundo, and then no one later

gassho, bob/roky

sarsem

Thanks!

I think I understand but just to be sure: If I had gone to http://blog.beliefnet.com/treeleafzen/ at the appointed hour I would have found the live streaming version of Jundo?

Brian

Butterflyquilter

Greetings to All

I am unable to perform the 4 hour session just yet. I tuned into the second half and was very grateful for the Metta Chanting. I have had much sadness in my life these past 4 years and I found tears streaming down. I am so grateful that there was a technical glitch as I must have truly needed this. I have bookmarked the 2nd half so that I can go back to it. It was a mini session for me...just what I needed. I hope to work up to the 4 hour sessions soon.

Soooo grateful you are all out there!!!

Gassho
    Shelly

Quote Originally Posted by sarsem
    Thanks!

I think I understand but just to be sure: If I had gone to http://blog.beliefnet.com/treeleafzen/ at the appointed hour I would have found the live streaming version of Jundo?

Brian
    Hi Brian,

That is right, and you can still join right here and now (just drop all thought of 'here there now then', and we are sitting all together)! The Zazenkai is always available to join in in "real time", whenever and wherever you are.

http://blog.beliefnet.com/treeleafzen/2 ... i-n-1.html

As to the "Zen Hall", I myself am just broadcasting the live sittings on Ustream at this point ... not both Ustream and the Zen Hall (a little too tricky to keep two cameras and computers working at once, and it was easy to crash). However, folks are invited to sit in the Zen Hall simultaneously with the Ustream netcast, and I do watch and see folks there.

(I am sure that makes no sense to folks who don't know what we are talking about!) :roll:

Gassho, Jundo

I just sit with june zazenkai via ustream
    Thank you again for that shared practice Jundo and you all!

Gassho to all beeings,
    Luis