Hi,
after a while surfing on the forum. I learned more about the way you folks did your rakkusu, about the great videos Taigu makes... And a question began to appear in my mind ( what a mess in there!).
Well, I'll try to be clear...
In Europe, teachers insist on the fact that beeing in contact with Zen is not a banal thing. We 've a responsability once we met the practice. The first generation learned from the East, and now the second generation of "sitters" try to maintain and adapt Zen to make something who's not different from life. This sangha is the most beautifull example of it: true spirit and practice but multiplicity of capabilities to achieve it.

And all this transmission is based on two main things. The practice of Shikantaza and the devotion to the kesa.(it's a specificity of Sawaki ligneage, I presume.)

But study and devotion to the kesa also means faith in the kesa.
And, I'm asking myself, how you people live your link with the kesa? your practice of the kesa? Have you faith in it? in his practice of sewing and sitting?

Might seem a large question, but I just wanted to let you talk about your practice of studying kesa...

Gassho,

Luis

ps: I'm not use to English so be nice with my mistakes :?