Posted a lot yesterday. This will be my last post for today (I think).

W

Zazen is central to this practice. We take that Zazen into every moment.

I've mentioned before "Study the self". But what exactly does that mean?

It means noticing your habits kind of. Noticing how you might get an urge to do something, and just coming back to Zazen. That's an important point.

However, it takes practice. It takes time to sit a notice this stuff. As practice progresses, you learn more about yourself, and you find that you start to be in the moment a little more. Your not thinking so much, and taking things so personally. Because really, there is no one to take personally.

So, a sense of humor is definitely important. The ability to laugh at yourself (I think this should have been a precept). If we can laugh at ourselves and not take things too seriously, we lose a lot of the baggage that we carry around, and laughter never hurt anyone (that I know of).
WE JUST TAKE THINGS SO SERIOUSLY!!!!

That doesn't mean that we should run around acting insane, but it does mean being sane and recognizing that sometimes you can be insane. It doesn't mean running around with underwear on your head (unless you really want to). It's not taking it too far. The middle way. Understanding. Wisdom.

Zazen is dignified. It's true nature. It is to be respected. When you really see Zazen, then you'll just know that this practice is it. And you know that everyone is Buddha, and that's why we bow.

Sometimes we bow to the universe, but that seems fluffy to me (pardon Jundo). We gassho each other, because we know. We have respect for other Buddhas. We don't use people anymore, they become enlightened. They have something to offer, as do you.

Zazen is not talking about what book you prefer, or how the Dalai Lama is such a great guy. It is a practice to discover "you".

OK.

Later Gator

Gassho