Having an experience of wide openness is great. That's Buddha there. Perfectly calm. Serene. The moment. Allowing things to come and go. No worries. Just this.

Just this without insight or practice, might be overwhelming. For example, we have a moment (and we have many times in our life) where it really doesn't matter what happens. We only have this moment.

Now what happens, I believe, is that it's very easy to follow smells, and whatever comes up. Leading us down the same old road that we've always been down. However, when we have some sort of insight into what is happening, we can not get caught up in the same old same old. And use a little wisdom.

Instead of worrying about losing that spaciousness, we might just go "Hey. I was spacious and now I'm not. Still gotta do the dishes. Something like that, LOL.

For example:
I'm coming up the stairs carrying the groceries, and some students are hanging out, shouting, drinking some beer, etc., things are great. No problem. Now, wouldn't it be great to have a beer? Huh? Sit down and relax in the evening sun with a cold one? However, been there done that. Noticed the want, no prob. Frankly, I'm sticking to the precepts. Whether it doesn't matter or not.

You know how it is. One cold one leads to another cold one, and before you know it, LOL.

Anyway, I'm fine with whatever. Cold one's or not. It's still a beautiful evening, and so on.

Gassho

Will