Thread: The Other Shore

The Other Shore

After endless kalpas you've arrived at the other shore. You take a deep breath, close your eyes and bask in the warmth of the spring sun for just a moment.

As you smile and turn to cast one last glance at the boat which brought you here, something in the distance catches your eye.

The other shore.

Re: The Other Shore

Thank you!

Gassho, Shohei

*In my case it would be my keys... AWWwwww !@$% it! - of course not knowing that i have the keys and no keys were ever really needed!!

Thank you very much indeed. The beloved Joseph Campbell has another take on this. You take the boat, you go to the other shore. On the way you get a bit sad and play with beads and prayers. Once you get there, it is all very plain but phew...you made it, you are there. As you turn round and look, there is no sea, there is no shore you left behind, nobody left behind, you have never left the very place where you are which is exactly and has always been Nirvana. That is a perfect yet imperfect metaphor of the Buddhist path, the same and yet not the same.

As to know where is the other shore, each breath, every single movement or stillness is it. No after life, light or enlightenment. This ever carefree presence in-out we live. Gyate gyate... is about now. It is not selling you another hope, blissful heaven or spiritual candy. It is telling us that it is possible with this body, this life as deluded as it is, telling you that without you, It is. Forget the self. Dump ideas about what is Buddha. What is left? Dump the question. Enjoy.

Gassho

Taigu

Quote Originally Posted by Bansho
    After endless kalpas you've arrived at the other shore. You take a deep breath, close your eyes and bask in the warmth of the spring sun for just a moment.

As you smile and turn to cast one last glance at the boat which brought you here, something in the distance catches your eye.

The other shore.
    Hi.

I saw Taigu beat me to it, but i have a teacher who often says "Dont separate between hot and cold"...

Mtfbwy
    Tb