Thread: Deleted Gassho

Re: Don'tKnow Mind

Thank you soooooooooooooooooooooooo much.
    So true.
    Indeed, all my teachers were very macho.
    I am a bit of a wuss. Too gentle sometimes. Stupid too.
    And...happy. Yes.

Am I right?
    dropped the questio and the answer quite a long time ago.
    don't care, really.

But surely
    Will, Don't know mind knows its non-self in you

Thank you

Taigu

Re: Deleted Gassho

I was speaking to a long term Soto practitioner recently. She told me how she appreciates that Soto Zen is such a gentle practice. That struck a chord with me. When you have been beating yourself up for a long time, perhaps all your life, it is a wonderful experience to sit in zazen and drop all those thoughts, at least for a while, and experience a gentleness and acceptance which has been missing in your life. And because we also tend to project our unpleasant thoughts onto others, in reducing the clinging to them it feels good to experience a new sense of gentleness and acceptance with other people.

:Charles

Re: Deleted Gassho

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesC
    I was speaking to a long term Soto practitioner recently. She told me how she appreciates that Soto Zen is such a gentle practice. That struck a chord with me. When you have been beating yourself up for a long time, perhaps all your life, it is a wonderful experience to sit in zazen and drop all those thoughts, at least for a while, and experience a gentleness and acceptance which has been missing in your life. And because we also tend to project our unpleasant thoughts onto others, in reducing the clinging to them it feels good to experience a new sense of gentleness and acceptance with other people.

:Charles
    Gassho, Charles

Thank you more than I can say for your post on gentleness. And for your own gentleness kindness.

gassho,
    rowan
    who is working on it............