Thread: Just a description of practice from my wee perspective

Just a description of practice from my wee perspective

It's like a tour. You start out on the bus thinking "Wow. This is going to be great". So the bus starts, and anticipation raises. You adjust your seat, put your bag in place. You start to look out the window. After a few minutes you realize that the bus is circling your hotel. Your a little perplexed but think that the driver must be testing the engine. It continues to circle. "Ok. When are we going to start the tour?" you think. But it just keeps going round and round. You complain to the person sitting next to you "When is the tour going to start? What is he doing? Hello! Hellllooo! Can we begin the tour now? What are you doing? Listen I paid good money for this tour."

Time goes by. You complain and make up excuses. Your face turns red. You fall into confusion, and doubt. You really don't know what to do. You distract yourself with the movie playing on the monitor, fall asleep, chew some gum. "Let me off this bus now!" The driver says he can't stop right now, you'll have to wait. You attempt to grab the steering wheel, but the driver's just too strong. Looking at everyone you say "ARE ALL OF YOU INSANE? WHAT'S THE MATTER WITH YOU? DON'T YOU REALIZE WE'VE BEEN GOING IN CIRCLES?" You give up and sit down.

A little more time goes by.

The bus stops. The door opens. Everyone gets out. And you sit in your seat wondering what the heck just happened. The bus driver says "End of the line. Tours over ma'am/sir.

It takes you a while to get up. You step of the bus with every bone in your body aching with confusion.

You look at the hotel door , notice the reflection of the street lamp in a puddle. The potted flowers beside the door just starting to bloom . You go inside. Get greeted by the receptionist. Wander up to your room. Order some supper and listen to the birds in the tree next to the window. You turn on the T.V., watch a show and get ready for bed.

As you are about to turn off the lights you realize something. Picking up the phone you dial some numbers and find yourself booking another ticket for the tour.

Gassho

Will

Re: Just a description of practice from my wee perspective

This is exactly what happens to me, except its a taxi instead of a bus, and everyone else in the taxi is a clown, and the driver is Mr. Drummond from that old sitcom with Arnold and Willis... and we circle not a hotel but a 1950's retro Starbucks. And the receptionist is Arthur Fonzarelli.

But otherwise, spot-on.

Gassho

Sounds like a Twilight Zone episode with Will as Rod Serling narrating, lol. Someone cue the spooky music!!!!
    http://<iframe class="restrain" titl...="0"></iframe>

I definitely agree with the going around in circles part of that . . . .