Thread: March 4-Hour Live Monthly Zazenkai is SATURDAY

March 4-Hour Live Monthly Zazenkai is SATURDAY

Just a reminder ...

Our 4-hour monthly "Live from Treeleaf" Zazenkai will commence from SATURDAY 9pm Japan time (New York 7am, Los Angeles 4am, London noon and Paris 1pm, Saturday) ... and continue for 4 hours ...

... and will be visible here ...

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/sit-a-long-with-jundo

... plus perhaps (if everything is working) some folks will be sitting here ...

http://www.treeleaf.org/zendo/zen-hall.php

Please download and print out the Chant Book (PDF) at the following link:

http://jundotreeleaf.googlepages.com/TR ... HLYRET.pdf

The schedule is as follows:

00:00 - 00:50 CEREMONY (HEART SUTRA / SANDOKAI) & ZAZEN
    00:50 - 01:00 KINHIN
    01:00 - 01:40 ZAZEN
    01:40 - 01:50 KINHIN
    01:50 - 02:30 DHARMA TALK & ZAZEN
    02:30 - 02:40 KINHIN
    02:40 - 03:20 ZAZEN
    03:20 - 03:30 KINHIN
    03:30 - 04:00 METTA CHANT & ZAZEN, VERSE OF ATONEMENT, FOUR VOWS, & CLOSING

Please join in, one and all.

Of course, it will be available in recorded form for those who need to join at a later time or day ... but I hope all will join in as soon as they can find the time.

Gassho, Jundo

Re: March 4-Hour Live Monthly Zazenkai is SATURDAY

Jundo,

In theory it seems such an easy thing to remember what Saturday it is (or that tomorrow is Saturday for that matter), but by the time my son is asleep on a Friday night and I get my daily tasks and sitting done after a long week, frankly I'm a mental blob of jello. It sounds really lazy to ask this, but could you (or someone else with a good sense of dates and times) remind us of these events earlier in the week? I do apologize that I won't be there this time...not because I feel obligated but because I want to!

Gassho,
    Scott

No, I am not your mother. You have to get to school on your own. :twisted:

However, I will say this ... the amazing thing (thank you, Louis CK) about our Zendo is that you can sit at your chosen time, any time. So, you have the entire month of March to sit the March sitting (you can even sit it in April but, alas, that is time for the April sitting!) 8)

Everything's amazing, nobody's happy! :roll: :P

Gassho, Not Your Mother

Myoshin

Wonderful Zazenkai!

Gassho,
    Kyle (who is now hungry for toast)

Quote Originally Posted by Myoshin
    Wonderful Zazenkai!

Gassho,
    Kyle (who is now hungry for toast)
    Yes, thanks Jundo. Already eating my toast

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo
    No, I am not your mother. You have to get to school on your own. :twisted:

However, I will say this ... the amazing thing (thank you, Louis CK) about our Zendo is that you can sit at your chosen time, any time. So, you have the entire month of March to sit the March sitting (you can even sit it in April but, alas, that is time for the April sitting!) 8)

Everything's amazing, nobody's happy! :roll: :P

Gassho, Not Your Mother
    Jundo,

I realize you are making a joke here, but I do find it rude to make light of someone making a simple request. If you didn't think it was appropriate to make such a request then either just say no or send me a message saying the same.

I would also like to point out that more than once of late you have mentioned that you would like more of us to make a point of attending the live sittings. I would very much like to but haven't more than once because with my tired brain on Fridays I just forget. I feel bad about that because I would like to sit live...as I said in my message I don't feel obligated. I wouldn't have asked if it wasn't important to me, so please don't interpret forgetting as a sign that it wasn't.

Like I said, I know you were making a joke but please don't make someone feel bad for asking a question. I know it's probably just the way I'm taking it and I'm the only one making myself feel bad here...but I don't think making jokes at someone's expense is ever good ettiquette.

Gassho,
    Scott

P.S. My mother never would have given me a heads up like you mentioned...she would have sighed and told me it was my job to get myself up.

It was just a joke. Sorry it went over like a lead balloon. Not the first time.

Listen, I will never remember to remember to remember. So, perhaps someone will volunteer?

Gassho, Las Vegas Comedian

Hi Guys

couldn't do the live sitting today as I was looking after my recently widowed father & setting him up for the week ahead.

I will (as Jundo suggests) sit later in the week.

Re: remembering & all jokes aside - isn't Zazenkai the first Saturday of every month? - that's how I remember it & also I have put in the family calender on the fridge.

KInd regards

Jools

So, perhaps someone will volunteer?
    I'll do it.

Jools, being with your recently widowed father is a practice place. I know you already know that well.

Dosho, thank you for accepting the job. There is a notice permanently at the top of the forum page ...

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=668

Also, if you use Google, they do have "Google Calendar" which I think you can set to send you an email each month as a reminder. There are other programs that will do that too.

Jundo,

All set for next month in Google Calendar...thanks much for the suggestion as it should help in other areas too.

And sorry for being a bit sensitive earlier. Mental jello + frantically preparing for baby in August + a little dash of unresolved mother issues makes for being a twix overreactive.

Gassho,
    Scott

Left early. Ustream and Mebeam wasn't working.

Jundo's Dharma talk:

And..

So...

And he said...

Ha. ha...

When...

Quote Originally Posted by Dosho
    + a little dash of unresolved mother issues makes for being a twix overreactive.
    We drop our mother and father in Shikantaza, and all the baggage of the past .... and the past ...

... all to find our Original Face before our mother and father were born.

I finally got around to doing zazenkai, but...
    tried to do it today... didn't work (recorded version shows just a blank screen, wont start)
    tried to do one in the archives... didn't work (starts but stops at 16 second mark)
    so I just did my own based (loosely) on the schedule Jundo posts

We drop our mothers and father in Shikantaza, and all the baggage of the past .... and the past ...

... all to find our Original Face before our mother and father were born.

Good advice that...this experience has shown me how much it affects me in so many ways...all such experiences can teach us many things if we are willing to listen. It's just when it affects others that I feel guilty, but I need to let that go too.

Much gratitude,
    Scott