Since this is a Zen Sangha I thought I'd share my experience.

It has nothing to do with sitting cross legged on a cushion. It has everything to do with just noticing. Thoughts constantly come and go. The thing is, is that most of the time we are not even aware of them. We follow them and do what they say, but they are actually only something that comes and goes. They are one part of this experience. Body and Mind are one. When mind is overly concerned with something it shows itself through body as well. Those times when you smell a flower and feel the sun on your back without worrying about this or that. Without thinking about the next Toy you have to buy or worrying about the Bills so much that you become flush, and tense. Fear comes up, anger comes up, craving comes up. But they also go aswell. To study the self. This is not restricted to the cushion. Noticing what this is, is not restricted to an idea of sitting down and dropping this or that. It can happen anywhere any time. What happens when you don't try to do anything but you just sit and notice. Let things come and go. Where does stupidity come from?

This morning a bed was the cushion and it is snowing outside. Snow blankets the ground. It is slightly cool by the window, and breakfast awaits. Where does it come from and where does it go? Who am I? What am I? What is thinking? What is the moment? What is all this like? How does it happen? What happens? Keep practicing.

Gassho

Will