Thread: As it is not as it is...

As it is not as it is...

Hi folks....

Just want to give my opinion that

as it is not as it is.

We may think about as it is. But when we think about as it is or not as it is, it will be dualism.
    What is called as "as it is" is just simply as it is... :|

Gassho, Mujo

Re: As it is not as it is...

This fellow just shows up here ... leaves a gift ... moves on his way. He'll be back again. No traces.

Thus his name is Mujo

I like the aura of mystique, but as a beginner I could really use a little commentary on "as it is"... I'm aware of the undesired dualism, but beyond that I'm feeling kinda in the dark :?

Quote Originally Posted by Tobiah
    I like the aura of mystique, but as a beginner I could really use a little commentary on "as it is"... I'm aware of the undesired dualism, but beyond that I'm feeling kinda in the dark :?
    It's okay, Tobiah. I've been a member of Treeleaf for a little while now and hanging around Zen circles even longer and I still spend most of my time in the dark. ops: I'll even go so far as to admit that as I read 'as it is' it turned into a Seuss-esque version of green eggs and ham in my head- "I do not like as it is, I do not like it Mr. Liz.' :shock:

I guess it is just as it is....

Gassho,
    Jen

Quote Originally Posted by Tobiah
    I can't explain it to you (that is actually what Shui's post is about). But I can tell you the method ... and do that each day around here.

When you drop all expectations, judgments, need to add or take away ... then all phenomena of the universe, all "Dharma, you, me, the chair, flowers, trees and the stars in the sky ... are all "just what they are".

And if one even can allow the separation and names of "this" and "that" to slip away ... then all (to quote Suzuki Roshi) are "Things-As-It-Is"

Keep sitting, throwing away even "as-it-is"

Does that help?

Gassho, Jundo

These are the moments I cherish the most. Totally flummoxed, confused, and basking in the opportune moment to stop trying to 'get it'. After a while, I began to not even engage the active brain that never would leave me alone. So, I left it alone instead.

As my Dad says, just content to be a 'bump on a log'. Gassho, and many thanks to all for showing me how, and letting me be a bump. Ann

As-it-is, a sit is, arse sit is...Many ways to wtite the dam beautiful thing. What is it? Well, as Jundo says, it is the undivided, raw and direct experience of each thing. Mountain tastes mountain. White clouds is white cloud. In the thing dropped, the reality of It expands and blossoms. We have lots of ways to put things between the being-time and this life, we generate stuff like inside and outside, here and over there, self and others. As-it-is is neither diluted nor filtered by any belief system or private agenda. Orange tastes orange. Blue is blue-like. It is not about stawbery fields :wink: No pain killer there, no Heaven or Hell maker . In this we don't manipulate the experience anymore, because there is nobody left to manipulate anything. That is why the cushion is the gate. To form a body-like-moon. A roundeness beyond fruitful and jucy roundness. Something like that :lol:

well oddly, it was Taigu and his roughly poetic reply that helped me the most... there's something a bit raw (as in unrefined) in that post that hit me like a rubber hammer- everyone's insights are helpful though, thank you!

Gassho,
    Tobiah :idea:

Thank-you all, very much.

Attached files

Yogi

Quote Originally Posted by Shui_Di
    We may think about as it is. But when we think about as it is or not as it is, it will be dualism.
    What is called as "as it is" is just simply as it is... :|
    :-D
    Excelent!!!!

Gassho
    Hernán

Ok, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and see how long I can stand there before it breaks off beneath me: can anyone tell me how 'as it is' would impress upon my senses in practical application? Yeah, see, as soon as I wrote that I can tell its the wrong question... *SNAP!* I'm leaving it out there anyway, so maybe I can get a little education, or maybe I need to 'unlearn'...