Thread: Treeleaf in Buddhadharma Magazine

Treeleaf in Buddhadharma Magazine

Hi,

A friend just wrote to tell me that this photo is featured on the contents page of the new "Buddhadharma, the Practitioner's Quarterly" ... and I think there is a short article with it too (maybe in their tech section) on our recent "All Online Rohatsu Sesshin". Haven't seen it though.

Thank you Tina and Tina's Husband, who took the photo.

Gassho, Jundo

clyde

Re: Treeleaf in Buddhadharma Magazine

That's AWESOME! Congrats Jundo.

clyde

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo

That photo reminds me of obscure 80's rock albums. Cool! I'll check the mag. :mrgreen: :P

Hi,

Wow, great stuff! The cat really needs to work on that posture, though. :P

Gassho
    Bansho Ken

Quote Originally Posted by chicanobudista
    Quote Originally Posted by Jundo

That photo reminds me of obscure 80's rock albums. Cool! I'll check the mag. :mrgreen: :P
    heh it does eh!
    Nifty news!

Gassho, Shohei

Hey Jundo and all,

Awesome news, I can't wait to see it! Nice picture Tina and hubby...I love the cat :lol:

We already knew Treeleaf was wonderful, now the thousands will know...

Gassho,
    Kelly (Jinmei)

Actually, we were in there before a couple of times. No biggie. Nice if some people who need this know about it.

Congratulations, Jundo! The saga of the online sangha continues...
    You may need to expand! I love the cat, too. Cats are the embodiment of Zen, no matter what posture they're in.

P.S.-Let's hear it for 80's obscurity!

Bows and smiles,
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by humblepie
    You may need to expand!
    No, this is not McDonalds. If it ever loses the personal feel, we may have to close the doors and hope some other Soto teachers set-up something similar. That may not happen soon, as still a lot of room around here for folks to pull up an extra Zafu, but I could foresee it happening someday. In fact, I am surprised that we are still about the only Sangha like this.

Gassho, J

Hi.

Mtfbwy
    Tb

:lol: :lol: Fugen!! thats a priceless pic, Thanks!
    Gassho, Shohei

By the look of it, Jundo, you may have some new members of the furry type :mrgreen:
    Do cats sit full lotus, I wonder? I think mine has mastered "kit-hin" walking!

Very cool...and I thought that might be Tina in the picture as soon as I saw it! May all those seeking a place like Treelaf find what they are searching for.

Hi.

I'm not such a "cat-astrophe after all...

Mtfbwy
    Tb

Wow, we just got the magazine yesterday - and I can't wait to tell Jerry about the 80s rock album reference, he will consider that a very, very high compliment

The cat can't quite make full lotus, but she has me beat when it comes to sitting still once she settles in. She is quite the Bodhicattva

Returning to this no-time-space Sangha is so beautiful, so fresh, I am so grateful for our community, thank-you for living our practice with humor & love

Juko Tina Bo Beena

Quote Originally Posted by Juko
    Wow, we just got the magazine yesterday - and I can't wait to tell Jerry about the 80s rock album reference, he will consider that a very, very high compliment
    :mrgreen:

Reminds me of a New Wave video or David Bowie album cover.

Love the photo...and the kitty.

The cat can't quite make full lotus, but she has me beat when it comes to sitting still once she settles in. She is quite the Bodhicattva
    My dog does a double lotus sitting posture. :mrgreen:

So....if Jundo is on lead guitar and vocals (Jagger or Bowie?), who is on drums?

You may need to expand! I love the cat, too. Cats are the embodiment of Zen, no matter what posture they're in.

Bows and smiles,
    Dave

very cool picture...congrats jundo...and what great responses! 80s album cover!!!
    and the cat is precious. i think to sit seriously, one must have a cat that constantly wants attention during one's zazen. also, the cat must sleep on the zafu all day long. cat's are totally zen.
    craig

Quote Originally Posted by Craig

Bows and smiles,
    Dave

very cool picture...congrats jundo...and what great responses! 80s album cover!!!
    and the cat is precious. i think to sit seriously, one must have a cat that constantly wants attention during one's zazen. also, the cat must sleep on the zafu all day long. cat's are totally zen.
    craig
    Haha Indeed!
    We have 4 cats here and 1 almost always sits (lays) with me/on me, often just sleeps on the zabuton all day and most nights until Her people pets play themselves out and go to bed. Another is of the super needed cat-egory and she likes to nibble elbows or toes or gently and slowly test your commitment to the sit with slow claw torture... hmm perhaps cats are like the gnarly old zen masters of the past a bit too... Maybe they all are a bit of Nansen, Re-incarnate :shock: (for the record i would have said Meow!)

Gassho Shohei

Hi all,

Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    cat's are totally zen.
    Indeed. That's why the German word for 'cats' is 'Katzen'. My wife and I don't have any cats in the house, but over the years our garden has turned into the feline meeting point in the neighborhood. I guess word has spread amongst that furry folk that we're always good for a free meal in exchange for an emphatic miiiaaauuu.

By the way, Juko, could it be that the cat in the picture is Siamese? I grew up with a wonderful Siamese cat. There'll always be a special place in my heart for them.

Gassho
    Bansho

Quote Originally Posted by Bansho
    By the way, Juko, could it be that the cat in the picture is Siamese? I grew up with a wonderful Siamese cat. There'll always be a special place in my heart for them.

Gassho
    Bansho
    I bet it is a shorthair seal point. Siamese cat guy here too.

Oh, so good to laugh and smile with all of you, the cat - zen comparisons are true & funny.

And I thought it was just my cat who insisted on sleeping on my zafu all day long

George, the cat in the photo, was alleged to be Siamese, but is a rescue (along with the other 7 animals in our house - I'm afraid the word is out about our "strays welcome" policy).

If this is the album cover for our band, I have no idea who is going to be on drums, but I would like to be on cowbell. Tink, tink, tink, tink. :lol:

Gassho, Juko

Great picture! Glad to hear more people that might find this information useful will know about the TreeLeaf.
    (I found it through Jundo's interview on Buddhist Geeks!)

Never thought of myself as a "cat-person" till I got one. :-) When it's my turn to have the cats with me (we have "shared custody" :lol: ) I put away the zafu and the mat when I am not at home - they leave too much hair after sitting! They don't like the wall that much. I suspect they are enlightened already :lol:.

Gassho,

Irina