Thread: Jukai congratulations

Jukai congratulations

Thank you Jundo, it was a beautiful ceremony, and to all who participated.
    It was an honour to receive the Precepts from you.

I certainly felt everyone's presence, here in the early morning fog with the sun rising over downtown Vancouver.

Gassho,
    Skye (Denho)

PS: I learned this morning that when there are more than 5 people in a MeBeam room, it will start kicking out people with low-movement images it thinks are "idle"... lol not really ideal for meditation & ceremonies. It's all good

Re: Jukai congratulations

A big thank you to Jundo and everyone else for this opportunity. Our webcam decided to take a nap on us at the last minute, but such is life :wink:
    Gassho,
    Jenny (Joshin)

Indeed Grats to all and many many thanks!
    I couldnt hear jundo so I winged it Sorry for those whom I interrupted with a YES I WILL
    Beautiful and perfect ceremony!

Deep Gassho, Shohei

Absolutely Skye - that was absolutely wonderful. For me the technology was pretty well behaved
    Thank you again Jundo, Taigu & Treeleaf
    Marvellous
    Jools - aka Shindo

To this beautiful Sangha:

I add my voice of congratulations and thanks to all of you, this was simply wonderful. I had problems getting booted from Mebeam, but could feel and sense all of us at the same time.

I count myself very fortunate to have found this place, thank-you Jundo & Rev. Taigu, you are model of selfless giving.

I can not express my gratitude enough, all of you guys rock. Now, I am going back to bed! Will celebrate when it is afternoon in Los Angeles!

Big hugs, Deep Gassho,
    Tina (Juko)

that was very moving....
    i have wanted to take jukai for a long time and now i have finally done so.
    i feel honored and moved to tears for knowing you all and having done that with you.
    even though we have never met in person, and all live so far from each other we are truly together here.
    i feel privileged to have met you and done this with you.

Gassho, Dojin.

Thanks to all of you, and congratulations.
    Thanks to Jundo and Mina for their work.

I kinda liked the feedback . . . it was like being on a gig!

Gassho,
    Bill (Eika)

PS: I learned this morning that when there are more than 5 people in a MeBeam room, it will start kicking out people with low-movement images it thinks are "idle"... lol not really ideal for meditation & ceremonies. It's all good
    LOL :lol:

Thanks to all Treeleafers. It was a pleasure taking the Jukai ceremony with you all.

I was lucky with the techy stuff. I could hear very well and was only booted out twice.

Thanks Jundo, You have really done the lineage and Buddhism proud with all your work and patients. It really is an outstanding achievement.
    It was also lovely to hear from Rev Taigu too.

Congratulations everyone and take care,

Philip
    Undo
    (meaning laces which never stay tied, though that could be wrong )

That ceremony was perfectly Treeleaf: technology filled with heart that was at times a cacophony of contributions from everyone. I was really quite moved at the end.

Deep gassho and thanks to all my fellow Jukai-ers and anyone else that watched it in-person, online, now or in the future.

Congratulations to all and it was a privilege to take this journey with the sangha!

Didn't have any real technical problems. Actually, my internet was out last night and went out just a bit after the ceremony, but was steady throughout...just lucky I guess (Do buddhists believe in luck?).

I was especially heartened to see the message from Taigu...major kudos to Jundo for all he did today and everyday since he started this sangha.

This is only the beginning and I'm excited for all that we will go through together.

Gassho,
    Scott (Dosho)

I'll add my congratulations and thanks to everyone else's. Thanks Jundo, Taigu, and Mina for such a beautiful and memorable ceremony. Technology - unbelievable! - worked perfectly for me. :shock:
    I'm very proud to be a part of this sangha.
    Simon (Monsho)

What a precious moment, what a wonderful experience! I'm very grateful to have been able to be part of all this. Thank you, Jundo, Mina, Taigu and the entire Treeleaf Sangha from the bottom of my heart.

Deep bows to all,
    Bansho

HI All,

Much Gratitude to all!

I thought the Layered sound and multivoices and especially the echoes were wonderful.

I sewed from 8pm to 2 am but I made it through, bright and relatively alert on 4 hours sleep!

many gasshos!
    rowan
    who has to sleep a bit and then go to work....annual audit this monday....more schedules to prepare.....many numbers.......(numbers are very patient)

CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE!!!!

It was an honor to be with all of you.

If anyone feels that they missed any part of the ceremony, or could not hear some portion, the record came out nicely ...

http://blog.beliefnet.com/treeleafzen/2 ... jukai.html

I heard everyone clearly, but you can watch it again and (should you wish) confirm any part. The ceremony is never ending, and no limit to the number of times you may vow.

Also, if anyone wants to confirm anything with me later, I will be happy to do so.

Everyone may now wear their Rakusu and be called by their Dharma Name!

Gassho, Jundo

Wherever the next mediation is. Every now and then I make it back to Norfolk, England.

I have just finsihed viewing (and participating again!) in the recording of the ceremony that was posted on line. What a beautiful and moving experience. I have a lump in my throat. Jundo, also MIna and Taigu, thank you all.

I was with you all live in hall 2, but was doing the ceremony at home and we live in the countryside where the internet connection is poor at the best of times, and it was awful this afternoon and I heard only about every tenth word. If that. With the benefit of the order of service and watching what other people were doing I was able to work out pretty much where we were in the service but it was a bit hit and miss, and I missed a good deal. When the live version finished I went straight into the office where the connection is pretty good and, dropping all thought of time as well as of place, went through the ceremony all over again, this time able to hear and participate. It's even better when you can hear the words! And I felt that you were all with me the second time too. Thank you, all.

Gassho

Martin

Thank you everyone! It was wonderful!(even the getting booted out of the zenhall every minute)

I think it will take a little while for everything to sink in.

Ron (Shugen)

Adding my thanks. It was wonderful to participate in this with you all. Rev. Taigu was an especially fun addition. My parents and friends watched the ceremony via ustream and were very moved by it as well.

Metta,
    - Al (Shinkai)

Yugen

Dear Colleagues, Jundo, Mina, and Taigu,

Thank you for everything... the ceremony was incredible - I never expected to feel so emotional or moved by everyone's contributions and fellowship. The connection to all of you, all those around us, and all who have gone before us was very real. The depth of commitment I feel to the precepts, to this life, to you, and our community is deeper and more profound than I would like to admit. I was in tears prior to the Jukai ceremony and during its course. The feedback while we all had our microphones on was wonderful... it was the voices of a sangha speaking as one across this world. I cannot express the gratitude and closeness I feel for this group. I look forward to our journey together.

For much of the ceremony, a male and female cardinal sat in the cherry tree outside my sliding class door and kept us company. White snow, winter branches with dried cherries; bright plumage. Live this life.

I second Daniel's words about the connection he feels to the sangha.

Ron, you are absolutely right. It will take a little while for everything to sink in.

I will sign off before I get all messy with you.

With reverence,
    Alex (Yugen)

Sorry, I forgot . . . Thank you to Taigu, too! I can't imagine how I would have learned to sew the rakusu without your expertise and patient teaching.

Gassho,
    Bill-Eika

Hello and Thank you to all!

In some ways Treeleaf may seem just like a big, unorthodox pioneering experiment, but to me it felt like we showed today in particular, that it's not just some fools fooling around, but some fools being extremely serious about their dharma practice. May the spirit of mutual support continue to grow and flourish.

Thank you everyone from the bottom of my heart.

Gassho,

Munchkin....uhm....I mean Mongen of course

Hi.

Thanks .
    We loved it from over here.

Tb & Emma (Fugen & koki)

Deep bows to everybody,

I was with you yesterday, not just in a recorded message.I was very moved by all these voices arising from ten thousand directions into one space and returning.

love to all

Taigu

Quote Originally Posted by krid
    Indeed Grats to all and many many thanks!
    As all have mentioned (and I certainly should have too up in the above post quotedops: ) A huge thanks to Jundo, Mina and Taigu for your effort, encouragment and direction. with out it my boat would still be stuck up in the branches

Gassho, Shohei

so moving to see everyone sign their posts with their dharma names!

deep deep bows-
    craig

Hello Everyone,

Congratulations to one and all! What a wonderful experience it was to see and hear everyone today! I will be watching the recorded version tomorrow - I guess I feel I need to make sure I didn't miss anything and as Ron has stated, to maybe let thinks really sink in a little more.

I was booted out of MeBeam only once and I thought everything went very smoothly. A truly beautiful and touching ceremony! My family was in the background watching me and all of you, my husband commented at how neat it was to be connected to so many people in so many places at once. Thank you Jundo and Mina for your time and work to make this a moment I won't ever forget. Thank you Taigu for your wonderful instruction on sewing the Rakusu and for your wise and kind words.

And thank you to all of you who make Treeleaf the wonderous and beautiful Sangha that it is. I look forward to continuing my journey with all of you. Much love to you all...

Gassho,
    Kelly, Jinmei

Quote Originally Posted by Taigu
    Deep bows to everybody,

I was with you yesterday, not just in a recorded message.I was very moved by all these voices arising from ten thousand directions into one space and returning.

love to all

Taigu
    Hi.

That would be when Jundo asked everyone to turn on their speakers? :wink:

May the force be with you
    Fugen

Congratulations to all of you on taking your Jukai. I found my own Jukai ceremony strangely moving also when I took it last April. But it's living it that counts!

Gassho,
    John

Congratulations to everyone. What a wonderful experience the ceremony was. My wife sat in with me and was quite moved by it.

I did have some technical difficulties but that did not get in the way too much. I was panicking at first as I could not get Upstream but disabled my firewall and all was well until halfway through I was disconnected from Mebeam. I managed to follow everything pretty well in spite of some sound problems. I don't know if it was my end at fault but I could hear everything echoing back twice. The only thing I regret is that I was unable to join in and add my voice to that wonderful finale.

One little point was that I could not find a leaf from a tree in my garden so I took a twig from a little willow tree where a Buddha statue stands underneath. The twig had several buds just beginning to burst out. I like to think that these buds represent the prisoners I visit in my role as chaplain and that they through me will have some connection to Jundo and our Sangha.

Thank you all again,

With deep bows,

Daiku

The only thing I regret is that I was unable to join in and add my voice to that wonderful finale.
    Hello Daiku, I saw you there, well at least I think it was you, and so heard you loud and clear as did everything esle.

With regards to the prisoners, are they able to view anything on treeleaf or are there restrictions to the internet?

Gassho

Undo
    (philip)

Quote Originally Posted by BrianP
    I don't know if it was my end at fault but I could hear everything echoing back twice.
    Daiku
    It was not just you, I for one heard the echo! which I thought was a nice touch.

gassho,
    rowan
    Jinho
    sewing, sewing, sewing..........

Quote Originally Posted by plankton
    The only thing I regret is that I was unable to join in and add my voice to that wonderful finale.
    Hello Daiku, I saw you there, well at least I think it was you, and so heard you loud and clear as did everything esle.

With regards to the prisoners, are they able to view anything on treeleaf or are there restrictions to the internet?

Gassho

Undo
    (philip)
    Hi Undo,
    Perhaps you saw me and I did not see you during the finale.

As for prisoners, there are plenty of computers in the education dept and in wing offices, but the ones the prisoners have access to cannot get on the internet. Of course those in the few open prisons can go to internet cafes outside. I may be able to record some talks and show them on video.

Jinho, you are right it did add something. Perhaps the sound echoing around the universe.

Gassho

Daiku

Thanks for the info Daiku,
    It sounds like you are doing some wonderful worthwhile work there.

Gassho to you and the people you work with

Undo

Quote Originally Posted by BrianP

One little point was that I could not find a leaf from a tree in my garden so I took a twig from a little willow tree where a Buddha statue stands underneath. The twig had several buds just beginning to burst out.
    Hi Daiku,

I saw and heard you perfectly. I am sure that Buddha, and Kannon with her 1000 ears, heard you too.

The twig was good too.

Gassho, Jundo

Congratulations to all taking Jukai! You are all an inspiration!

Gassho,
    BrianW

Congratulations to you all and to Jundo and Mina for taming the technology and making the world-first event happen. UStream reported up to 46 viewers and I could see Mina's hands working diligently to keep the two laptop screens functioning. Rev Taigu appeared as a shadowy figure (because of the screen angle) and I notice he has no avatar so for me he remains shadowy. [edit]

I watched the live broadcast (2am local time) and it was excellent. I felt that the touching of the leaf to the screen seemed to make a real connection between Jundo and the viewer.

best wishes,

JohnH

Congratulations and thanks to everyone!!

Very moving event, I got a little teary eyed at one point during the prostrations after we recieved the Precepts, it felt very monumental . . . like, "wow, this is it no going back now"

Of course each day and event will be a test and a new opportunity to practice at the whetstone.

Already, gettting an opportunity today -- major family strife/conflict going on --- We'll see how well a job Shinko actually does at Prudent-Calm.

Gassho,

Greg (Shinko)

Congratulations and gassho to all who received rakusu saturday.

Sylvia
    Atlanta