Thread: Sange

Sange

Hi Jundo

I know you'll be busy with Jukai preparations but could you , or anyone else give me insight in to the term 'sange' in realtion to Zen and Jukai?

I was listening to a Dharma talk about it which I really need to listen to again, and again, but it struck alot of chords with a bit of 'crisis' I've been going through lately.

The only definitition of it I have found is :

"contrition, confession, repentance. The sincere recognition of all that is wrong with in one, and the acceptance of ones past karma. Sange is the source of religious humility and the principal gateway to enlightenment." from Zen is Eternal Life, Rev Master Jiyu Kennet.

I don't think I'm at the gate to enlightenment but there has been alot coming up particularly since my last retreat and it's been a bit of a bumpy ride.

Alternatively I could just be stressed out?

In gassho, Kev

Re: Sange

Quote Originally Posted by Longdog
    Hi Jundo

I know you'll be busy with Jukai preparations but could you , or anyone else give me insight in to the term 'sange' in realtion to Zen and Jukai?

I was listening to a Dharma talk about it which I really need to listen to again, and again, but it struck alot of chords with a bit of 'crisis' I've been going through lately.

The only definitition of it I have found is :

"contrition, confession, repentance. The sincere recognition of all that is wrong with in one, and the acceptance of ones past karma. Sange is the source of religious humility and the principal gateway to enlightenment." from Zen is Eternal Life, Rev Master Jiyu Kennet.

I don't think I'm at the gate to enlightenment but there has been alot coming up particularly since my last retreat and it's been a bit of a bumpy ride.

Alternatively I could just be stressed out?

In gassho, Kev
    Hi Kev,

This too shall pass (the nice side of impermanence!) ...

I happened to be reading something about this today in an essay by Daido Roshi on Jukai ... page"x" here ...

http://books.google.com/books?id=Jy0ArF ... t#PPR10,M1

I will try to respond with a little more care after the Jukai, Kev.

Gassho, J

Thanks for that link Jundo.

In gassho, Kev

Inspired on the day of Sange at my Jukai retreat at the Sange Shrine at Throssel Hole Abbey here i the good ol' U of K

In gassho, Kev

Attached files

disastermouse

That's actually a freakin' cool poem.

Mostly don't appreciate 'Neo-Buddhist Poetry'...

Chet

Cheers Chet

Glad you liked it. Don'tt see myself in anyway as a poet but once or twice a year something seems to pop out that speaks to me.

In gassho, Kev

BTW (rebuild thread) upped my DL by 4kg today, seem a bit stuck with the b.press even doing a split, very slow improvement, but improvement, any tips?

disastermouse

Quote Originally Posted by Longdog
    Cheers Chet

Glad you liked it. Don'tt see myself in anyway as a poet but once or twice a year something seems to pop out that speaks to me.

In gassho, Kev

BTW (rebuild thread) upped my DL by 4kg today, seem a bit stuck with the b.press even doing a split, very slow improvement, but improvement, any tips?
    Are you still going ultra slow on the bench press? Once you start hitting plateaus, the general idea is that you should switch up your training style. I'm not really sure how much energy you have for that, but let me know if you want ideas.

Chet