Thread: High Five!

High Five!

A digital High Five! (shown as ^5 in gamer geek sp33kz) to All the live sitters who just finished up and a future on to all those finishing up or sitting at a later date!

Special thankyous to David and Jundo - - You did a wonderful job!

I will post some thoughts eventually!
    must go sleep now... im 13 hours ahead jetlagged :S and i nver left the ground

Deep Gassho and A Rocking Rohatsu to you all!
    Dirk

PS still giggling my butt off @ the chant/dance

Yugen

Re: High Five!

Dirk,
    I second that! I joined for the second half of Saturday and sat through most of the overnight.... I have to make up the first half day and last five hours - I will do that this coming week. I have not used the "sitting room" much, so I felt very connected to all of you... more so than usual!

Thank you to Jundo and David for leading us... this required a lot of work and preparation...

I am curious as to how Bob is making out in the desert - he is with is in spirit but without connectivity!

Gassho,
    Alex

Hi fives from me too.
    It was a pleasure sitting with you all.
    Fantastically well done Jundo each section linked without a problem and was very simple to follow.
    There was some lovely literature in there too, very much appreciated.
    Also thanks to my lovely wife for helping spare the time to do it

I think I need lots of work on my speed eating though. Our dog Frida is being blamed for the aftermath as I type. Sorry Frida ops:
    ( I will do the honest thing and own up in a minute )

Anyway sleep and thought of what has happened is in order.

Deep thanks again

Philip

Hey Dirk (and everyone!),

Just got up from a brief few hours of sleep to see this thread and your kind words on the other one that I missed by just a few minutes. Many thanks.

I know what you mean about feeling jetlagged and what Philip said about needing some time to think about what's happened. I have many thoughts, but I think that leaving them to simmer for a day or so is the right thing.

I will say that the preparation Jundo put into the retreat and the work he and David did during was orchestrated and performed beyond what I could have expected. I guess I still have the music dharma talk on the brain! I'd have to disagree with Jundo's self assessment of being tone deaf though since there were many moments, at least for me, of perfect pitch.

Thank you...all of you.

Gassho,
    Scott

Hi Scott,
    Glad to hear your wife is doing ok.

I joined the retreat late as I only managed to fix my computer problem Saturday morning (UK time) so missed the live sessions up to then. What a fantastic experience! When the last session closed I was almost to tears. What a debt of gratitude we owe to our dear friend Jundo. Many thanks to David too.

Deep bows to Jundo and best wishes to all,

Yours in the Dharma,

Brian.

Dear all - high five indeed !!

just finished (using all recorded versions in accordance with the schedule) - what a tremendous experience - filled with highs & lows, wonderful dharma talks (especially the last one) & great oryoki & samu (our loo is spotless )

A very big thank you to Jundo (& David too), the last two days have been flawless.

I look forward to discussing our experiences properly over the next few days, but now I have to:

- kiss the children good night
    - get ready for work
    - say hello & thank you to my wife
    - put my knees in a bucket of water as they are about to spontaneously combust!

Deepest gassho to all

Jools

Hello everyone!

I don't know where to start! So I won't!

For now I just want to express my deep thanks to all sitters of this retreat; those who sat and those who will sit. We all made it together and it's a a truly wonderful thing

But of course triple deep thanks to our teacher Jundo. Thank you for your hard work, drive, commitment, passion, compassion, presence, and peace.

On a personal note, I don't know how to quite express with these clumsy words my gratitude for your taking me into your home and making me feel so welcome and part of the retreat. Thank you also for your understanding, and for giving me a kick up the arse when I needed it!!

Nine bows, friends,

David

High Five from the barren wasteland that is Germany

Gassho,

Hans

Hi.
    I'm one of the "latesitters" as i sat today, and tomorrow.
    I have to train my speed eating, and remember to get a cushion for my "seizabench"...
    Other than that, not much to say than thank you.

May the force be with you
    Tb

High Five from the frozen hills of Vermont . . . .

Ran the whole range from peacefull and profound, to difficult at times, even more than a few laughs during the netcasts -- thanks so much to everyone envolved.

Another high five from israel...
    thank you, Jundo And David for giving us this wonderful gift.
    thank you, to everyone who sat and will sit together even though not together.

it was wonderfully difficult, exciting and pretty much everything.
    it was harder yet easier than i thought it would be.

thank you students
    thank you teachers
    thank you everyone

Gassho, Daniel.

you guys definitely have my admiration -- i never could've done those overnight hours without a serious dose of amphetamine, and i decided that the amount of green tea i was doing was already too much, for this guy who is prone to caffeine addiction

i started on friday evening, and came out yesterday evening -- about 10 miles out in the desert from here -- as always, i find that being physically alone on a retreat is difficult for me, and i prefer to do my retreats at a retreat center, for that reason -- but thanks, jundo, the schedule, and the chant book at least gave me some sense of connection to the "bigger picture", which i think helped me stick it out -- and i defintely would have liked to have even the prerecorded retreat, but then the car battery would've not started the car at the "end", and so i'd still be out there now :!:

it was the quietest retreat i've done - not even trees for the wind -- found out that not only do my ears ring, as i knew, but there were other "hums", at different levels -- either that, or i was hallucinating

and my knee is getting worse, so had to adjust my position, even doing seiza position -- i ate rice and soymilk for oriyoki, worked out well both in simple preparation and as a simple object of mediation

samu was to do archeological surveying -- i discovered an ancient trail, complete with artifacts, which we will now take steps to protect from damage

thank you all -- and thanks to my companion, louie the mutt -- he never broke silence, except to warn off the pack of coyotes, and he was there as my protector -- that is his samu -- he is so intelligent, peaceful, affectionate, yet ferocious

scott, may you and your family stay well -- take care of the lake for me, it certainly needs all the help it can get

gassho, bob

I also would like to add my high fives and deep appreciation to Jundo & David and everyone. I retreated to a loft in our home where I also slept, so I also am very grateful to my spouse for agreeing to honor noble silence & taking care of our abundant animal family (which included giving laxatives to an overweight cat for two days). I also found I was moved to tears by the end; after so many years of being a solo Buddhist practitioner, I have nothing but gratitude for the presence we each brought to this retreat and the deep sense of Sangha we create here.

Gassho,
    Tina

Hello all,

High fives from rural West Virginia! I started my retreat early Monday and finished up late on Tuesday. As others have already stated...I too was moved to tears when all was completed. This was my first, but definitely not my last, intensive retreat!

It was hard in the beginning, but once I got over myself, it turned out to be one of the most beautiful and moving experiences I've ever encountered (second only to the birth of my kids). Even though I sat with the recorded version, I truly felt like I was sitting with all of you, and it felt so warm and comfortable. I too have a very clean bathroom and all of my husband's work clothes are ironed for like two weeks :lol: (those, I did for samu).

Jundo - thank you for comforting humor along with the deeply cotemplative and intensive talks. Was that your stomach I heard growling at one point? It made me laugh because during the retreat I was just thinking how hungry I was when I heard a belly grumble and I thought it was mine.

I needed a few days to get some perspective and let things really set in. I will share more with you all, I guess when we are all ready.

Many thanks and bows to all you beautiful people of Treeleaf,
    Kelly Rok

I am so proud of all of you with the retreat and rakusus! I had to drop out early on for personal reasons, but have followed closely your progress and thoughts. It has been a huge blessing (okay--put whatever Buddhist appropriate word works there) and encouragement for me to 'follow along'.

Deep gassho times 3 to all and each of you, and to Jundo for making this all possible!

Ann

Wherever the next mediation is. Every now and then I make it back to Norfolk, England.

I think the number of you who completed the retreat is brilliant, and such a tribute to Jundo, and to the community he has built here. Like the psalmist, I am lost in wonder, joy and praise for all those who managed it. I had hoped to clear the time to be with you at least some of the time but life rather got in the way, and a combination of three children, two children's rugby matches, one football match, one spouse's hospital appointment, one sick parent and one child's university interview in a completely different city meant that I decided a couple of weeks ago that I wouldn't be able to join you. I'm still hoping to "catch up" and am eyeing a couple of days in mid January when my calendar looks a little emptier (at present!). But well done, all of you. Respect!

Gassho

Martin

Congratulations to everyone that has done the retreat. It is very inspiring. I am very much looking forward to doing it in January. This is a great group!

Ron

Hi all,

Here's another high five from that barren wasteland!

Thanks so much to Jundo, David and all other participants (past, present and future). Although I used the recorded version, that feeling of 'togetherness' was by no means lacking.

Romper Room :!: I love it.

Gassho
    Ken

Hi-5 back at all. I completed the recorded retreat on Thursday . . . many thanks to everyone here at treeleaf and to Jundo.

Gassho,
    Bill

^5 everyone!!!!
    Just finished the recorded version few minutes ago. Start to finish with times posted as local, so it looked like the same time Jundo and David, which was nice. A few things I'm dying to say as I break my "vow of silence" from the past few days, then I'll go back and read through here, but I am bursting!!

Wow! Beautiful!!
    The biggest noise in my life is me in my head. I've known this for a while, but this really really confirmed it. I kept saying "Shut up and get to NOW!"
    I haven't hallucinated so much staring at a wall since I took mushrooms in college, lol. Who needs drugs? Just SIT for hours at a time. HAH!!! I just kept shaking them off and sitting. Oh, that's interesting, now move on! Day one was c-c-crazy, but it settled down a bit on day 2.

G'night
    Gassho

Quote Originally Posted by AlanLa
    I haven't hallucinated so much staring at a wall since I took mushrooms in college, lol. Who needs drugs? Just SIT for hours at a time.
    HAHA Yes! all well said but that line brought back a nice comparison "mkay the wall is not breathing o_O" ^5 Alan!

Gassho (oh and merry HOHo)
    Dirk

OK, I have had some food, sleep, and Internet now, so my newly enlightened reality has returned.

Jundo, I remember Romper Room!!! I was always waiting for her to call my name, but she never did. But what I remember most about Romper Room is:
    Do Bee and Good Buddhist
    Don't Bee a Bad Acting Person
    OK, she never said that exactly, lol.

Dooby dooby do, peace out!!!

yes props to the romp!!! NEVER called my name in the mirror though ... "and I see Billy and Sally and" Me: I See Dirk??!?!
    LoL!

Gassho, Dirk