Thread: New Member and a question ...

jbojanis

New Member and a question ...

It was suggested that I introduce myself by using a "thread" near the top of the page, under title " Greetings by New Folks". I can't find it. But, I'm certainly willing to introduce myself. Am I missing something?

In any case, I am new as of today and interested in learning as much as I can about this interesting site. I have been a student of Buddhism for many years.

Tell me about this site. Experiences good or otherwise. I'm excited to find it. It looks too good to be true.

Re: New Member and a question ...

Hello and welcome jbojanis ! The thread mentioned is here:http://www.treeleaf.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1101
    But since you have already posted - Hello!

Tell me about this site. Experiences good or otherwise. I'm excited to find it. It looks too good to be true.
    Just hang out. No one but you can decide this site will provide you with good experiences or other wise
    What I can say is that I have gotten a lot of support and guidance from everyone here and so I always thankful - hopefully you will find the same.

Gassho, Dirk

jbojanis

Thanks, Dirk. I will go to that link now. Hello back to you.

welcome to our little neck of the woods

Gassho, Daniel.

Hi, Welcome to Treeleaf.

From my perspective, it is “too good to be true”. For me it was pure serendipity, having just moved from Hawaii where there were many options for Buddhist practice to West Texas where there are few opportunities if any. I stumbled across Treeleaf simply looking for Buddhist resources that would help me in my own solo practice, what I found was so much more.

It is a real sangha, all be its members are spread across the world. Perhaps it is even better than a sangha that is fixed in one geographical location that members physically attend. Here we have the ability to communicate with each other 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We have a great teacher who is dedicated to sit with us each day and provide a short teaching each of those days, that is usually just a segment of a larger theme. If there is one challenge to make it all work it is in the dependability of computer connections and the computer competency each of us. Even here, help is right there with members of the sangha and Jundo.

Perhaps the bottom line is that Jundo is there for each of us when things go to pot in our lives, helping us to step back and take another look.

Anyway, it is what you make of it. Hope it becomes part of your life.

Jim (Lorax)

Quote Originally Posted by jbojanis
    It was suggested that I introduce myself by using a "thread" near the top of the page, under title " Greetings by New Folks". I can't find it. But, I'm certainly willing to introduce myself. Am I missing something?

In any case, I am new as of today and interested in learning as much as I can about this interesting site. I have been a student of Buddhism for many years.

Hi and welcome!

So perhaps tell us about the sort/variety of buddhism you have been a student of? (really... there is a question there ops: ) (I have terrible cold so my diction is even worse than usual).

with palms together,
    rowan