Thread: the always open zen cafe is temporarily closed

the always open zen cafe is temporarily closed

ron and i have noticed mebeam not working the last few days, and a check of the mebeam forum shows that yes, there is a problem at mebeam -- ashod, the apparent creator, is working on it -- in the meantime, we are continuing to use the scheduler -- for whats its worth(a lot to me), this allows you to at least have the knowledge that you are sitting with another sangha member, though you can't see each other

gassho, bob

Re: the always open zen cafe is temporarily closed

I've Never got to sit using that site do to living in the sticks, family work blah blah But i figured i was sitting with y'all + when ever i sat anyways ;D
    Still here's hoping they get it straightened out, I would use it, if DSL ever gets out here :B.
    Gassho, Dirk

Hope they do get it sorted, it really tried my zen like patience at times. Be good not to have the old bootout the door problem too, any news on that front.

In gassho, Kev

dirk -- today its fixed -- i suppose there's a price to pay for being on the cutting edge of these technologies, as the "first online zendo" -- we also are off to the boonies, desert, with one solar panel for electric, as of 10/25, but there is a wifi source nearby, and with an external antenna, i can get the signal -- not sure about the speed, though, so i may be joining you as of about 11/1 -- though even without the zen hall working, i like to sign up on the schedule, or better yet, if i see ron signed up, i sit during his time, that way i know i'm sitting with someone else -- i would prefer it if more than one person could sign up in a time slot, cause i often wonder if others are sitting with me -- my wife says i don't have much imagination, so i guess i need all the help i can get to imagine who else i'm sitting with -- i guess theoretically it shouldn't matter if anyone is sitting with me, but then why have a sangha at all? -- i know that i sit more often if i sit with others, and i feel more connected to them than if i post on the forum -- weird, i guess -- i get really confused thinking about buddhist theory, but i do ok if i just sit with it

kev - its just as temperamental as ever -- maybe less for those with the latest computers, but i have a 1999 thinkpad -- i find that i can stay in the whole time if i don't use windows, but use linux(i have both on this computer) -- but even then, i have this dialogue with my computer, a personality clash -- i have to be persistent, do the 2 window thing about 3 times, and then, once it understands that i'm serious, it gives up, and i;m good for the whole session

gassho, bob

Well I sit @ night but ill post up my schedule and just now that im sitting... even if im never on camera - i have interwebs... just 56k .
    As for the dropping problem Could yall use tabbed browsing and keep a couple tabs open to the mebeam dealy to keep that connection up? You all have probably been down that avenue but just in case you haven't.

Gassho Dirk