I am a big Chicago Cubs fan. There is no better training in suffering than that :roll: . To be a Cubs fan is, truly, dukkha: expectations bumping into reality and being dissatisfied with the result. To that end, being a Cubs fan provides lots of opportunities for letting go of greed, anger and delusion. Some might say that to be an optimistic Cubs fan (deep down, we all are) is to be delusional in both a Buddhist and a psychological sense.

All the above being said as intro, I often find my biggest challenge in living an equanimous zen life is when watching sports, all sports, but especially my beloved, but always failing, Cubs. I know others have their own sports examples. I guess my point, if I have one, is that I am trying to learn how to approach sports fan(aticism) from a zen perspective. When cheering, cheer? When booing, boo? What about right speech to that umpire than just missed a call that cost us a game? What about right thought to that million dollar player that just went 0 for the series?

To me, this feels like zen's last frontier.