Thread: Ditching the TV?

disastermouse

Ditching the TV?

Hey all,

So...the last time I was sitting regularly, I didn't own a TV...and then I had a TV, but no cable so I only watched movies on it.

I'm starting to think that it would be a deliberate move away from learned patterns of clinging if I once again only used my TV for movies (or video games).

Any input?

Chet

Re: Ditching the TV?

Don't know. I haven't watched T.V. in years. Try it out.

Are you sitting infrequently now?

Will

Hiya Chet

Yeah but what about clinging to your DVD player/game console and the Tube itself??
    :P (you know im kidding )

I have country cable. 2.5 channels and 2 sets of rabbit ears just to get that but even still, when there is really nothing on... if i dont want to sit /I am procrastinating ill watch TV, surf the net (over my super fly 56k connection) play with my cellphone (that has no reception) or work on a game mod i do graphics work for *(which is at a stand still)

Those things i mentioned above are only bad cling-ables if you make them so. other days i dont give them a second look.

So, heres my take
    If you feel that Cable/sat. tv is a distraction then Disconnect and unplug. TBH I have a ton of friends that like to say they don't watch ANY TV just documentaries, Indy flicks and their own special interest movies (like Simpsons or LOST :B). They're clinging to their NON-TV watching identity, no? (while still watching tones more TV ) Keep the cable if you can afford it and enjoy it all while knowing the cable guy can come and take it away at any moment.

I probably missed the point so forgive me

Gassho Dirk

disastermouse

I was thinking more about the deleterious effects of advertising, honestly.

Chet

Oh i see. That is a tough thing to escape.

Gassho Dirk

Hello,

Regarding the "deleterious effects of advertising":

Ode

Things are in the saddle,
    And ride mankind.

Emerson

The more things change, the more they remain the same! The trick for me is not to bite the hook.

Many blessings,
    Lora

disastermouse

Have you read the book, 'Hooked'?

Chet

Hi, Chet,
    No, I have'nt read that particular book. I have seen it in my local bookstore, though.

I am his majesty's dog at Kew.
    Pray tell me sir, whose dog are you?
    Alexander Pope

I am very often the local bookstore's dog. So lately I've been trying not to bite that particular hook too much!!!

Many blessings,
    Lora