Thread: got zazen?

got zazen?

jundo has made a commitment to sit daily -- i will do this, though without a time frame -- i will sit daily, one or more sessions -- i will attempt to do it with my webcam, but even if that is not functioning, i will sign up in the zen hall schedule -- if i'm signed up, i'm sitting, even if you can't see me, so if you sit then, we sit together, i hope

i know all the time and space stuff, but really, on the everyday channel, i can use some connection with others in my practice, and the forum, for me, doesn't do it --without the zazen, the talk is just talk, no matter how stimulating, intelligent, compassionate -- for me, i find myself feeling entertained, distracted -- a refined distraction, but still, distraction

gassho, bob

Re: got zazen?

Bob,

If you can sit 1/2 an hour earlier (6:30am Eastern USA time) I can join you Monday Wednesday and Fridays. My camera causes my computer to crash so I have to use an avatar, but I would be happy to sit with you.

I usually sit every night around 9:30 Eastern time also. I don't use the zen hall but if you can sit then, I'll start.

Just let me know. (keep signing up)

Ron

disastermouse

I'd love to sit with you, but the page doesn't work for Macs, apparently.

Your post got me thinking....who is on CentralST?

ron -- sounds good to me, i can do 6:30est -- i had to go back to linux(ubuntu) -- windows just kept kicking me out -- was really bad at the saturday sit w/jundo

chet -- well, you'll see me signed up, if you want to sit then, we're sitting together -- maybe drop a line later to let me know you were there, or better yet, sign up on the schedule, i'll make an effort to sit with you, and will let you know later if i did -- bummer about the mac thing -- is there a way to run linux on a mac? -- some kind of virtual machine? -- i'm pretty dumb with linux, but it does seem to be cleaner operating, though more difficult to interact with

erik -- i think i'm in cst beginning 11/1 -- the winter we're in arizona, a place called "why", sitting on the border of the to'hono o'odham nation, near organ pipe(where the park rangers carry ak-47s) -- arizona doesn't do the time change, so i think its not mst, but becomes cst -- or is that the other half of the year?

gassho, bob

ron -- ok, i was able to get up a little earlier, now that i'm off caffeine and going to bed earlier -- good to see you

mystery guy -- not sure who you are, but seen you in the hall a few times -- thanks for the company, it really helps my practice

and mystery lady, from yesterday, thanks also

gassho, bob

Hi Bob

That was me, yesterday. My hubby took off on the motorcycle, so I had some 'me-time' and ran to sit. (well, the vacuuming and laundry could wait another little while, right? ) Having company really does help--I actually stayed longer than I had planned, which was a good thing, as I needed it. I was worried tho--I always see how you are supposed to wear subdued colors in the zendo, and there I sat in hot-pink. Hopefully it didn't really matter ops: Gassho, Ann

Quote Originally Posted by roky
    erik -- i think i'm in cst beginning 11/1 -- the winter we're in arizona, a place called "why", sitting on the border of the to'hono o'odham nation, near organ pipe(where the park rangers carry ak-47s) -- arizona doesn't do the time change, so i think its not mst, but becomes cst -- or is that the other half of the year?
    AZ has their own thing going. According to Wiki:

Arizona does not observe Daylight Saving Time, except in the Navajo Nation, located in the northeastern region of the state.

hi ann, thanks for the reply -- as much as i don't care for the constant labeling i do, it does help to have a name for the image -- now i can say"oh, there's ann, far out!" -- i really do enjoy the zen hall with others

oh-oh, hot pink?! -- there must be some prohibition in one of the lists of 12 whatevers, or 8 somethings -- but seriously, i think the default setting on this is "come as you are" -- i try to aim the webcam as close to my head as possible, since my schedule, in this 500 square foot cabin, is sit=whenever my wife steps out, or is sleeping, or i'm waiting on a coat of paint to dry, etc. -- no seperate room -- so i often am a mess, as is my sit area

erik -- its the "spring ahead, fall behind" thing that screws me up -- we're on mst when i get there, and then when you "fall behind", az doesn't -- i think that makes us the same as pst, not cst

on the way out, we usually go throiugh the alamagordo, el paso area, not too far from your area, i think are you in the chihuahuan desert? i used to wander around looking for peyote, took me a while to realize"wrong desert!"

gassho, bob

Quote Originally Posted by disastermouse
    I'd love to sit with you, but the page doesn't work for Macs, apparently.
    You might try to get "Camtwist" just google it. I installed it and the Zen hall works fine on my macbook. It dose not work on my iphone yet though :|

Hey Bob,

Good to see you too. See you Wednesday morning.

(I think the other person this morning was Harry aka HezB)

Ron