Hi All,

I was stung by a bee today...twice...and it wasn't as bad as my mind had made it out to be. For years I have been terrified at the idea of getting stung by a bee, perhaps due to some deep seated fear I took on as a young child. Having never been stung by a bee I had no reference for what it would feel like and I'm quite certain that I have caused myself more suffering in trying to avoid bee stings than any pain I felt today.

I had no particular goal of trying to be calm if and when I was ever stung by a bee and had no expectation that my practice would assist me in doing so. However, I would say with a good deal of assurance that my practice did help me considerably. Perhaps it seems a small thing and now having been stung I know that it was never as bad as I made it out to be. The real pain was what I have done to myself over the years in avoidance of that pain. I expect I do this in other aspecdts of my life without knowing it, but today I found a practical result of my practice and although I did not seek it, I was grateful.

I just thought I'd share that.

Gassho,
Scott