My fianceé's brother was unjustly fired the other day (worked six days a week, perfect performance ratings, no warnings, and told he "wasn't committed"). I was pretty ticked off, my fianceé was really upset, and we spoke about it, then i did my best to help her brother get packed up and moved out (his job provided housing and he was evicted, told sometime around noon he was not allowed to sleep there that night. His significant lives with him, which made it that much more trying). The next day he and i went back and packed up the rest of their stuff.

During this time, when my fianceé was not working she was frequently venting her frustrations over this situation. On Day three, she's still very upset and i am continuing to do my best to console her, but not outwardly impassioned. After all, it didn't seem it would do any good, and her brother tends to feel the same about it as I do. The group he worked for wasn't ever very nice to him, anyway.

So she says to me, "Sometimes you Buddhists are really annoying," or something of very similar sentiment, referring to my apparent comfort with and acceptance of the situation.

Has anyone else experienced similar remarks? Should i be more outwardly belligerent about this sort of thing? I will admit that I did contact a lawyer immediately after hearing the news (mostly to allay my frustrations and accept that little could be done) and have considered the whole thing repeatedly. Now I am simply trying to help him find a house and a new job.

On an entertaining note, my fianceé and i spend winters in Colorado and summers in Michigan. Although she owns a house here (in Michigan) we live with her folks so she can rent her house. Her brother and his significant other are now living with us here. Thus, both of her parents' children (who are thirty plus) are living under their roof with their significant others. You don't get that too often in the States anymore, especially when all four "kids" have lived on their own for ten years or more.