Thread: JUKAI RETREAT QUESTIONS

JUKAI RETREAT QUESTIONS

Hi,

Some folks have written me with various questions and concerns about the 2 or 3 day (probably 2 day) "silent retreat" that will be part of our Jukai preparations, just prior to the ceremony itself. So, I did a little "sit-a-long" talk to explain it a bit, and answer some of those questions...

Please have a watch ...

http://treeleafzen.blogspot.com/2008/07 ... treat.html

If I missed any point, or if you have any other questions, please post them here and I will try to address them.

Gassho, Jundo

Re: JUKAI RETREAT QUESTIONS

Thanks Jundo for your comprehensive blogcast.

All sounds logical & doable - have a spare bedroom etc. Weekends would be my preference - Friday evening to Sunday evening.

I assume this would be sometime in the autumn? Have you been working out a schedule & if so do you have some days in mind? If so, I can pencil this in early enough & I can plan my (and my families) around this. Forgive me for asking, but deadlines, timescales etc are my lot in the outside world.

Kindest regards

Jools

Quote Originally Posted by Jools
    Thanks Jundo for your comprehensive blogcast.

All sounds logical & doable - have a spare bedroom etc. Weekends would be my preference - Friday evening to Sunday evening.

I assume this would be sometime in the autumn? Have you been working out a schedule & if so do you have some days in mind? If so, I can pencil this in early enough & I can plan my (and my families) around this. Forgive me for asking, but deadlines, timescales etc are my lot in the outside world.

Kindest regards

Jools
    Have not set a date yet for the Retreat, or a date for the Jukai. I will try to set a date for one or both soon.

Gassho, J

Thanks for today's talk on the retreat, Jundo. I'll also have to wait on the dates to see if I can do the online retreat, but I'll do my best.

Sounds doable. I'll definitely try to sit it, but depending upon the date may not be able to sit live. I'll be attenidng a good deal of fencing competitions this fall and may have a conflict. Overall, it might be easier for me to just schedule some time away from the house to do the retreat either at a Zen Center or holed up in a hotel room with my labtop . . . no distractions that way.

We'll all have to play it by ear I suppose.

ill have a watch tomorrow morning before i start work (@ work) but for me if i can sit whenever over a weekend im good too go. I can get the time from work but do not have the means to do this with out work (my only access to a usable internet connection and my web cam etc etc.) No matter if i have to sit with a recording thats all good too no difference.

Gassho
    Dirk

Thank you for today's sitting and the info about the silent retreat. Like a couple of the others I'd say doing it over a weekend would be best for me since my wife can watch our son, but I will do what I can to participate live no matter when it's scheduled. Although, as you've told me before, "here" or "there" and "now" or "then" are really all in my head anyway.