Thread: Im gone again

Im gone again

After a lil break from my practice (for various excus... er reasons) im back where i started. And with that im going to be gone for 10 days give or take! The family and I are going on vacation and heading to the cottage (o/) on Friday. Ive decided to make it a week long retreat with my family (lots of zazen and kinhin and samu and chasing a 2 year old around @ on the beach). Ill probably share some pictures when i get back!

Gassho
    Dirk

Re: Im gone again

Hi,

Happy, happy, joy,joy!!!

Most fun ever, chasing a 2 year old around a beach, I miss that.

many blessings,
    lora

Hi Dirk,

Chasing after your 2 year old is Kinhin.

When taking a vacation, just vacation. Be in the moment. So, please sit lots of Zazen, but chase the 2 year old more.

Gassho, Jundo

Have fun, Dirk!

Gassho,
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo
    Hi Dirk,

Chasing after your 2 year old is Kinhin.

When taking a vacation, just vacation. Be in the moment. So, please sit lots of Zazen, but chase the 2 year old more.

Gassho, Jundo
    Heh! excellent point chasing the 2 year old is speed kinhin, getting her to bed before the sun has set is samu ;D

Gassho
    Dirk

Hey Dirk,

Nice to meet you and look forward to hearing your observations when you get back.

I've spent many days chasing around a 2 year old (sometimes on a beach) until recently....when he turned 3. Nice to know I was practing the whole time.

Gassho,
    Scott

Well were back home - for me its always as nice to get home as it was to go on vacation. I spent not a single day on my zafu @ the cottage - but i got alot of practice in. The little one was on overdrive for the first couple of days and may have slept for a total of 2 hours the first night. not a pretty sight. but I insisted as soon as the tide started out that we hit the beach. In the end it was just me and my daughter out chasing pipers and scattering the small schools of fish with nothing said for 4 hours out side of a laugh or a scream of glee from her we went back to the cottage after she fell asleep in my arms... now that some good zen.
    Had a wonderful time and now that we're back im feeling back on track so to speak.

Gassho
    Dirk