Results 1 to 46 of 46

Thread: The Meditation Schtuff

  1. #1

    The Meditation Schtuff

    If you go to such web page stores as The Dharma Shop or The Monastery Store, they will have a meditation supplies section. Now. I know you don't need all the "schtuff." Heck. For all I know, no schtuff is needed.

    But.

    In day to day practice, are there actual "meditation supplies" needed? :?:

    I only have my chair, coffee table for Mr. B, candle, and incense. But do you need, for example, a meditation gong?

  2. #2

    Re: The Meditation Schtuff

    This hooded meditation cloak seems like an unusual thing to wear:

    http://www.dharmacrafts.com/2CLOAKS/Hoo ... Cloak.html

    M@rk

  3. #3

    Re: The Meditation Schtuff

    Quote Originally Posted by M@rk
    This hooded meditation cloak seems like an unusual thing to wear:

    http://www.dharmacrafts.com/2CLOAKS/Hoo ... Cloak.html

    M@rk
    I think it's for Wu-Tang Clan meditation fans.

    ...ok...add to my "grocery list of meditation schtuff." :mrgreen:

  4. #4
    Senior Member kirkmc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Near Stratford-upon-Avon, England
    Posts
    843

    Re: The Meditation Schtuff

    All you need's a zafu (or equivalent) but this kind of stuff is for people who want to show off that they meditate. Or those who are insecure and need things around them to remind them...

    I do have a Tibetan singing bowl. I bought it during an exhibit I set up when I was working with a group supporting Tibetan refugees. It does sound cool...

    Kirk

  5. #5

    Re: The Meditation Schtuff

    For me, just a zafu and zabuton.

    --Charles

  6. #6

    Re: The Meditation Schtuff

    For me too, it is just a zafu and zabuton. Although I do have a bit of an altar on a coffee table with Buddha, a candle and some rocks or flowers. I have had bowls of water (a Tibetan thing) but it didn't do much for me or Buddha. I have used a pile of three rocks for a Buddha
    Incense is fun but not necessary (and now it appears that the particulate matter in the smoke is not particularly healthful .

    I know there was some discussion on treeleaf a while back about wearing robes. I'm not sure what the conclusion was, though.

    Gassho,

    Linda

  7. #7

    Re: The Meditation Schtuff

    I like to wear a blue cape, swimming goggles, and thigh-high patent leather boots when sitting zazen, but that's just me.

  8. #8

    Re: The Meditation Schtuff

    ....But seriously folks...
    I think the danger comes when you find the stuff necessary for you to sit zazen. It's fine to have, just don't let it become a convenient excuse not to practice. For example, " I can't sit until my zafu comes in the mail," or "I would sit but I'm out of my favorite incense and my Obi Wan Kenobi costume is at the cleaners." None of this stuff is necessary for zazen. Just roll up a blanket or get a couple pillows to sit on and your in the game.

  9. #9

    Re: The Meditation Schtuff

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris H
    I like to wear a blue cape, swimming goggles, and thigh-high patent leather boots when sitting zazen, but that's just me.
    Sounds like you need a big "E" stitched onto the back of your cape. Maybe you can take care of that as part of the online Jukai. :wink:

    --Charles

  10. #10

    Re: The Meditation Schtuff

    Quote Originally Posted by lindabeekeeper
    I know there was some discussion on treeleaf a while back about wearing robes. I'm not sure what the conclusion was, though.
    Well, you should wear CLOTHES, although even that is optional. Did I ever mention the time I was invited to teach at the nudist Zendo in Florida?

    Skyclad Zendo


    Follow teachings of Toni Packer and Springwater Center. The Skyclad Zendo is a naturist Zen meditation group which follows a non-traditional approach of open inquiry through awareness, mindfulness and attention. We meet every Sunday morning for two hours of zazen au naturel, from 10 A.M. to noon in the yoga room at Paradise Lakes Resort, 2001 Brinson Rd., Lutz, FL 33558-8367. We also offer seven-day silent meditation retreats with various teachers.
    Anyway, if you are sitting with other people, it is usually recommended that you wear dark (e.g., dark brown or black), patternless clothes, and loose fitting so as not to pinch the circulation.

    As to folding up a blanket or using a couple of pillows: I do not know if the pillows would be firm enough. It should be something solid enough to lift your seated body about 5 inches off the ground (that varies by size of the person). Here is more information than you probably need. In Soto Zen, we traditionally go for the traditional round Zafu because ... well, because its traditional!

    http://stores.ebay.com/Shade-of-the-Bo- ... -Zafu.html

    Gassho, Jundo

    PS - At the Skyclad Zendo, you place a towel atop your Zafu. ops:

  11. #11

    Re: The Meditation Schtuff

    Also, Brad mentioned this on his blog today ... Have a look:

    http://<iframe class="restrain" titl...="0"></iframe>

    TRANSLATION:

    Announcer: Mr. Goriís training.

    On screen words: The flame will still your confused mind. Without moving, quietly allow your mind to settle.

    Loud voice: Katsu! (nonsense syllable used mainly at Rinzai temples often as kind of [existential shout])

    Announcer: Game over. For your family health, Wii Fit.

    On screen words: Weight, BMI (body mass index), Center of gravity balance, Various training. Wii Fit, List price 8,800 yen.

    Mr. Gori: But I was thinking of the blue skies and blue sea of Okinawa the whole time!

  12. #12

    Re: The Meditation Schtuff

    Tonight I'll be Zazen-ing in a lime green shirt and bright Madras shorts ---- so much for conservative colors. I'd be kicked right out of the Zendo, lol!!


    As far as "Schtuff" goes --- probably nothing is needed. But, I just did acquire a nice 8" carved Buddha statue --- not needed but nice to have. I appreciate it.

    take care - gonna go "Sit Along" over at the leaf.

  13. #13

    Re: The Meditation Schtuff

    Quote Originally Posted by Jundo

    PS - At the Skyclad Zendo, you place a towel atop your Zafu. ops:
    Thanks for answering a question I did not want to post. :mrgreen:

  14. #14

    Re: The Meditation Schtuff

    Quote Originally Posted by rex54
    For me, just a seiza bench and a blanket - and white wall.
    -gassho, rex
    Now. That's what I've been looking for.

  15. #15

    Re: The Meditation Schtuff

    Quote Originally Posted by M@rk
    This hooded meditation cloak seems like an unusual thing to wear:

    http://www.dharmacrafts.com/2CLOAKS/Hoo ... Cloak.html

    M@rk
    I use a zafu and zabuton, which are put away on a book shelf when not in use. I think the cloak product is kind of funny, because I meditate in the downstairs den where it's cold in the winters - so I just wrap a polar fleece blanket around myself to keep warm. No cloak required.

  16. #16

    Re: The Meditation Schtuff

    I guess some folks gotta make a buck, but sometimes checking some of the "schtuff" sellers' web pages, it makes wonder who buys the stuff. Take for example this:



    This is sold as a handcrafted incense cup sold for $22.00. The web page doesn't say why this is a "special" cup.

    Yesterday, I went to one of those discount salvage stores. Folks that buy crates of unsold goods & re-sell 'em. I usually go there once a week and see if I can find some chachara to buy on the cheap. Yesterday, I found what looks to me like a small blue soup dish. Really pretty. And useful as an incense cup. Price? $1.00.

  17. #17
    Stephanie
    Guest

    Re: The Meditation Schtuff

    I find a good zafu and zabuton indispensable. It's a relatively expensive investment ($80+ for two pillows?) but worth it; I've had mine for five years now and expect to have it for many more. I also prefer buckwheat to kapok filling, my legs hurt more when I sit on squishy kapok zafus. I have a harder time settling my mind when sitting in a chair, though I can do that in a pinch, when traveling (I've thought about buying a "travel zafu," but I have not yet been able to stomach the notion of dropping $30 on a glorified beach ball with a piece of cloth on it). Sometimes, in hotels, I've even used a phone book in lieu of a zafu.

    Other than that, there's nothing I find absolutely essential. I personally do like to have an altar set up. It helps to inspire me. Mine has a statue of Kannon, an incense bowl, and a couple of sea shells (I associate the ocean with Mind and also Great Compassion, also other qualities, such as mystery and the maternal). I personally like using incense, it helps create an atmosphere that brings me into a certain frame of mind. Though I can certainly do with out it, and often have to do, especially having lived in housing that prohibited its use.

    And I actually enjoy sitting zazen nude (in which case, yes, it's good to put a towel or other sort of cloth on your zafu to keep your "human schtuff" from rubbing off on your zafu...), or just in underwear like a yogi in a loincloth, when I'm on my own. Usually in lieu of clothes I wrap a blanket around me. There's something about it that calms me... no joke! And the only way I can sit in full lotus without my top leg sliding off is to do so in shorts or less, as the skin-to-skin friction keeps my foot from sliding down. I usually don't sit full lotus any more though, so it's not really an issue.

  18. #18

    Re: The Meditation Schtuff

    zafu, mat, wall & occasional incense
    oh & if the kids can keep the noise down - so much the better
    Kind regards
    Jools

  19. #19

    Re: The Meditation Schtuff

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie
    I find a good zafu and zabuton indispensable. It's a relatively expensive investment ($80+ for two pillows?) but worth it; I've had mine for five years now and expect to have it for many more.
    One of our members in the meditation group gave me for free the zafu and zabuton with the condition that if I ever moved to a seiza bench, I would give it to someone who need it. The gift that keeps on giving. :mrgreen:

  20. #20

    Re: The Meditation Schtuff

    If you would like to make your own zafu and zabuton, here is the link that I used.

    http://www.enabling.org/ia/vipassana...tructions.html

    I filled mine with buckwheat. The nice thing is that you can fill it to whatever hardness you prefer.

    Gassho,

    Linda

  21. #21

    Re: The Meditation Schtuff

    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie

    And I actually enjoy sitting zazen nude
    Okay guys, you convinced me. I'm sitting nude on the "sit-a-long" netcast tonight. :shock:

    Gassho, Jundo

  22. #22
    Stephanie
    Guest

    Re: The Meditation Schtuff

    Quote Originally Posted by Jundo
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie

    And I actually enjoy sitting zazen nude
    Okay guys, you convinced me. I'm sitting nude on the "sit-a-long" netcast tonight. :shock:

    Gassho, Jundo
    Haha! Are you going to start charging a fee for people to access your vids & pics now? :wink:

  23. #23
    Senior Member kirkmc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Near Stratford-upon-Avon, England
    Posts
    843

    Re: The Meditation Schtuff

    I have to admit, when Stephanie said this it sounded enticing. But I'm not sure I want to see Jundo in the buff. :-)

    Kirk

  24. #24

    Re: The Meditation Schtuff

    The times I can sit at home (which are few) I use a seiza bench that I've had for decades. I had two at one point, but one warped beyond usefullness. I still have the bell I used a long time ago, but it's packed away, and with the bell on the timer here at treeleaf, I don't need it get it out just yet. At work, I use a chair. Or, and this is peculiar--I have a desktop podium that I bought for work so that I could try doing part of my day standing just to burn more calories in a sedentary job. Now, I can adapt the podium on the floor as a sort-of seiza bench. For some reason, I cannot, despite all trying, sit cross legged. My knees are several inches over the floor and my hips hurt a lot. I want to get to where this works for me, but that may be a long time hence. Ann

  25. #25

    Re: The Meditation Schtuff

    Chessie wrote:
    My knees are several inches over the floor and my hips hurt a lot. I want to get to where this works for me, but that may be a long time hence. Ann
    My advice: keep at it . . . it may take a long time for things to loosen up to where it is feasible, but we are in this for the long haul, no?

    Gassho,
    Bill

  26. #26

    Re: The Meditation Schtuff

    Chessie

    At retreats I've often seen people sitting cross-legged, with one or more little cushions beneath their knees, for support. It's more "schtuff," I know, but the plus side of using it might be a kindness to your hips as they gradually adapt.

    You could also try this Pilates exercise:
    http://pilates.about.com/od/pilatesmat/ ... -Folds.htm
    It works, given time.

    Mike

  27. #27

    Re: The Meditation Schtuff

    Quote Originally Posted by Jundo
    Okay guys, you convinced me. I'm sitting nude on the "sit-a-long" netcast tonight. :shock:

    Gassho, Jundo
    GAH! Jundo, I love you like a brother, but please NO! ops:

    Anyhoo.. this gives me the opportunity to post something I've been mulling around in my brain pan for a bit:::
    Xander's Dharma on a Dime (tm)
    If you cannot find the budget to get an OFFICIAL Zafu, and blankets just aren't sturdy enough, I've found a cheap and easy solution.
    I purchased some "fun Noodles" from Wal-mart. High density foam tubes for swimming.
    Using a sharp knife, I cut the noodle into pieces just slightly wider than my posterior and duct taped them together. I used four pieces 2x2. Makes a cheap little seiza bench! Cost here in KC = about $10
    If you want it to be prettier, then buy a nice pillow case!
    :twisted:

    gassho,
    Xander

  28. #28

    Re: The Meditation Schtuff

    Hey, speaking of the Shtuff
    I found this, http://www.dharmashop.com/details.mgi?NUM=jp071, in the Dharmashop.com


    Cute, considering our little group's theme
    :wink:
    Or I may take the pattern and fashion one from my own budding resin casting skillz

    Gassho en encore,
    Xander

  29. #29

    Re: The Meditation Schtuff

    If you cannot find the budget to get an OFFICIAL Zafu, and blankets just aren't sturdy enough, I've found a cheap and easy solution.
    I purchased some "fun Noodles" from Wal-mart. High density foam tubes for swimming.
    Using a sharp knife, I cut the noodle into pieces just slightly wider than my posterior and duct taped them together. I used four pieces 2x2. Makes a cheap little seiza bench! Cost here in KC = about $10
    If you want it to be prettier, then buy a nice pillow case!
    Or instead of a pillow case, create a diversion so nobody will see your funky cushion: sit au naturel !!! (I ain't doing no postrations around naked sentient beings)

  30. #30

    Re: The Meditation Schtuff

    With meditation robes like yoda one can be....

    Or if the darkside get's you black.

    Underwear optional ops:

    Attached files

  31. #31

    Re: The Meditation Schtuff

    Oh wow, so cool, you can even wear it to meditate in the bath :lol:

    If you really want to treat yourself to something very special, try this:
    Fill up the bath tub with warm water and plenty of shampoo or bubble bath. Put on your meditation robe, usually unlined nylon rainwear or poncho, nothing else. You can wear two layers of rainwear if you like.

    Get into the bath and make sure you duck under so that it all gets completely wet. Now sit up or stand up in the bath and pour in a good amount of shampoo or bubble bath into the collar of your rainwear. Rub it around well all over until it gets all foamy inside. If you wear rainpants, foam them up as well.

    Then rub foam all over the outside of your clothes. If possible, get a friend to join in and help you with this.

    The result is an extremely pleasant feeling of soft foam and wet nylon all over your body. It can be very relaxing after a while. May Peace and Love and Water always be with you.


    Attached files

  32. #32

    Re: The Meditation Schtuff

    ordered myself a zabuton today next thing is to find a buckwheat zafu ( can only find thick cotton )

  33. #33

    Re: The Meditation Schtuff

    Quote Originally Posted by Zen
    ordered myself a zabuton today next thing is to find a buckwheat zafu ( can only find thick cotton )
    I can't speak to the quality of these, since I didn't get my zafu from these folks, but they sell buckwheat zafus:

    http://www.zafu.net/zafu.html

    --Charles

  34. #34

    Re: The Meditation Schtuff

    I'm a gipsy,

    so I can't really be bothered with Schtuff, but sitting nude is out of the question too. (Yes, I'm bound by Culture, not yet seen the Light.)

    I sit on an old hard sofa. I was in a car accident years ago, and both my knee and my back are useless.

    I do have an altar with, well, stuff like a tiny Buddha statue, some flowers, a clay stupa that I made years ago, a mala... and some of my friends have taken photos in Tibet, Sri Lanka and India, and of yes I do have a singing bowl, and a vajra that I bought at an exhibition about ten years ago. Not that any of the stuff matters.

    Should I give everything away and start collecting the appropriate Zen Schtuff instead? :roll: No, I already know that
    things, although nice, are totally void of meaning.

  35. #35

    Re: The Meditation Schtuff

    Quote Originally Posted by FeMonky
    Quote Originally Posted by Jundo
    Anyhoo.. this gives me the opportunity to post something I've been mulling around in my brain pan for a bit:::
    Xander's Dharma on a Dime (tm)
    If you cannot find the budget to get an OFFICIAL Zafu, and blankets just aren't sturdy enough, I've found a cheap and easy solution.
    I purchased some "fun Noodles" from Wal-mart. High density foam tubes for swimming.
    Using a sharp knife, I cut the noodle into pieces just slightly wider than my posterior and duct taped them together. I used four pieces 2x2. Makes a cheap little seiza bench! Cost here in KC = about $10
    If you want it to be prettier, then buy a nice pillow case!
    :twisted:
    Xander, I love this!

    Gassho,

    Linda

  36. #36

    Re: The Meditation Schtuff

    thanks charles.
    but i live in israel and sending things here cost almost as much as it costs to buy the zafu.

    for now i use 2 pillows made of cotton ( they are quite hard, but i use to to get the hight just right )

    but thank you very much for your concern, i really appreciate it.

  37. #37

    Re: The Meditation Schtuff

    Hey Zen. I made mine. I've had it for about 5 or 6 years now.

    A few options:



    1. You could buy a zafu, take out the stuffing and get some buckwheat from somewhere

    2. Make one, and fill it with Buckwheat

    3. Imagine that you have a buckwheat Zafu although it's a pillow (but that's not really practice necessarily)

    4. Cry about it (might help)

    5. Get a kapok Zafu

    6. only 5 for now

    Gassho

  38. #38

    Re: The Meditation Schtuff

    hey will. thanks for the many suggestions
    for now i have the 2 cushions which are meant for sitting but they are not a zafu. but they are fine.
    about making my own i will think about it... ( i dont know how to saw )as for feeling a zafu with buckwheat, i herd its not buckwheat but actually buckwheat hulls... and i cant find any in israel. the woman i order my zabuton from ( she makes them on special order ) said she couldnt find buckwheat hulls in israel so this is why she isnt making zafus from it.

    but i think i found some place that sells buckwheat hulls and will call them as soon as the weekend is over

  39. #39

    Re: The Meditation Schtuff

    Today I sat! That is, as opposed to knelt! I still feel too new to talk much, but I'm listening as hard as I can! Following Xander's suggestion, I bought two 'noodles' at the grocery store, and cut each in 3, and taped together into a cushion 2 high and 3 deep. Then, laid a rubber yoga mat over the new cushion. I've also been practising stretching in the evening (thanks, Bill). so, finally, I sat in a sort-of cross-legged position this morning! And, next to my desk (at work) I can have my back to a filing cabinet, and guess what--I'm facing a white wall--perfect! I probably shouldn't get 'attached' to even this small success, but I still feel very celebratory! Ann

  40. #40

    Re: The Meditation Schtuff

    Hi.
    For me just

    May the force be with you
    Tb

  41. #41

    Re: The Meditation Schtuff

    Quote Originally Posted by lindabeekeeper
    Incense is fun but not necessary (and now it appears that the particulate matter in the smoke is not particularly healthful .
    Where do you get that from? that would be something to show the missus...

    I cant see a thing..
    wait! "I" can't see "a thing"

    May the force be with you
    Tb

  42. #42

    Re: The Meditation Schtuff

    Quote Originally Posted by Filur
    Quote Originally Posted by lindabeekeeper
    Incense is fun but not necessary (and now it appears that the particulate matter in the smoke is not particularly healthful .
    Where do you get that from? that would be something to show the missus...

    I cant see a thing..
    wait! "I" can't see "a thing"

    May the force be with you
    Tb
    Have a look here. More and more, I am switching to "non-incense" at Treeleaf ... incense which is not there, but there ...

    http://www.clinicalmolecularallergy.com/content/6/1/3

    I am doing this even though 'birth and death' are a state of mind, cause I am a former asthmatic with lousy lungs. No need to expose others to "Second Hand Buddhism" either! :wink:

    Abstract

    In Asian countries where the Buddhism and Taoism are mainstream religions, incense burning is a daily practice. A typical composition of stick incense consists of 21% (by weight) of herbal and wood powder, 35% of fragrance material, 11% of adhesive powder, and 33% of bamboo stick. Incense smoke (fumes) contains particulate matter (PM), gas products and many organic compounds. On average, incense burning produces particulates greater than 45 mg/g burned as compared to 10 mg/g burned for cigarettes. The gas products from burning incense include CO, CO2, NO2, SO2, and others. Incense burning also produces volatile organic compounds, such as benzene, toluene, and xylenes, as well as aldehydes and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs). The air pollution in and around various temples has been documented to have harmful effects on health. When incense smoke pollutants are inhaled, they cause respiratory system dysfunction. Incense smoke is a risk factor for elevated cord blood IgE levels and has been indicated to cause allergic contact dermatitis. Incense smoke also has been associated with neoplasm and extracts of particulate matter from incense smoke are found to be mutagenic in the Ames Salmonella test with TA98 and activation. In order to prevent airway disease and other health problem, it is advisable that people should reduce the exposure time when they worship at the temple with heavy incense smokes, and ventilate their house when they burn incense at home.
    Gassho, Jundo

  43. #43

    Re: The Meditation Schtuff

    Quote Originally Posted by Zen
    ordered myself a zabuton today next thing is to find a buckwheat zafu ( can only find thick cotton )
    All zafu's ive seen have a hole beneath them so that you can replace the cotton after a few sittings. so you can replace the cotton with buckwheat...
    slapsko has another take on this subject, but i dont recall what he's got in his zafu...
    you'll have to ask him...

    May the force be with you
    Tb

  44. #44

    Re: The Meditation Schtuff

    Quote Originally Posted by Jundo
    Quote Originally Posted by Filur
    Quote Originally Posted by lindabeekeeper
    Incense is fun but not necessary (and now it appears that the particulate matter in the smoke is not particularly healthful .
    Where do you get that from? that would be something to show the missus...

    I cant see a thing..
    wait! "I" can't see "a thing"

    May the force be with you
    Tb
    Have a look here. More and more, I am switching to "non-incense" at Treeleaf ... incense which is not there, but there ...

    http://www.clinicalmolecularallergy.com/content/6/1/3

    I am doing this even though 'birth and death' are a state of mind, cause I am a former asthmatic with lousy lungs. No need to expose others to "Second Hand Buddhism" either! :wink:

    Abstract

    In Asian countries where the Buddhism and Taoism are mainstream religions, incense burning is a daily practice. A typical composition of stick incense consists of 21% (by weight) of herbal and wood powder, 35% of fragrance material, 11% of adhesive powder, and 33% of bamboo stick. Incense smoke (fumes) contains particulate matter (PM), gas products and many organic compounds. On average, incense burning produces particulates greater than 45 mg/g burned as compared to 10 mg/g burned for cigarettes. The gas products from burning incense include CO, CO2, NO2, SO2, and others. Incense burning also produces volatile organic compounds, such as benzene, toluene, and xylenes, as well as aldehydes and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs). The air pollution in and around various temples has been documented to have harmful effects on health. When incense smoke pollutants are inhaled, they cause respiratory system dysfunction. Incense smoke is a risk factor for elevated cord blood IgE levels and has been indicated to cause allergic contact dermatitis. Incense smoke also has been associated with neoplasm and extracts of particulate matter from incense smoke are found to be mutagenic in the Ames Salmonella test with TA98 and activation. In order to prevent airway disease and other health problem, it is advisable that people should reduce the exposure time when they worship at the temple with heavy incense smokes, and ventilate their house when they burn incense at home.
    Gassho, Jundo
    Hi.

    Great one.
    But too much of anything is never good...

    May the force be with you
    Tb

  45. #45
    Senior Member kirkmc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Near Stratford-upon-Avon, England
    Posts
    843

    Re: The Meditation Schtuff

    Yes, but:

    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 110415.htm

    "Religious leaders have contended for millennia that burning incense is good for the soul. Now, biologists have learned that it is good for our brains too. An international team of scientists, including researchers from Johns Hopkins University and the Hebrew University in Jerusalem, describe how burning frankincense (resin from the Boswellia plant) activates poorly understood ion channels in the brain to alleviate anxiety or depression. This suggests that an entirely new class of depression and anxiety drugs might be right under our noses."

    Personally, I sometimes burn a stick of incense for about one minute, just enough to get the smell spread through my room. I think that is not dangerous, and the smell is quite nice - relaxing, probably not, but it has context.

    Kirk

  46. #46

    Re: The Meditation Schtuff

    Hi Filur,

    I got the info from the same article that Jundo linked to. It was summarized by the Buddhist Channel. http://www.buddhistchannel.tv/index....7,6571,0,0,1,0

    I do think aromas can be helpful in meditation. But, as with anything, moderation is the key.

    Gassho,

    Linda

Similar Threads

  1. Meditation and the iPhone
    By Robb in forum TREELEAF COMMUNITY: Topics about Zazen, Zen, Buddhism & MORE ZAZEN!
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 03-19-2012, 01:37 PM
  2. My meditation room
    By kirkmc in forum TREELEAF COMMUNITY: Topics about Zazen, Zen, Buddhism & MORE ZAZEN!
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-15-2012, 01:24 PM
  3. Geek meditation
    By kirkmc in forum TREELEAF COMMUNITY: Topics about Zazen, Zen, Buddhism & MORE ZAZEN!
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-09-2011, 01:12 PM
  4. Meditation is pointless...
    By Adam in forum TREELEAF COMMUNITY: Topics about Zazen, Zen, Buddhism & MORE ZAZEN!
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 02-26-2011, 11:56 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •