Thread: Congratulations Obama

Stephanie

Congratulations Obama

"Despite what the good Senator from Arizona said tonight, I have seen people of differing views and opinions find common cause many times during my two decades in public life, and I have brought many together myself. I've walked arm-in-arm with community leaders on the South Side of Chicago and watched tensions fade as black, white, and Latino fought together for good jobs and good schools. I've sat across the table from law enforcement and civil rights advocates to reform a criminal justice system that sent thirteen innocent people to death row. And I've worked with friends in the other party to provide more children with health insurance and more working families with a tax break; to curb the spread of nuclear weapons and ensure that the American people know where their tax dollars are being spent; and to reduce the influence of lobbyists who have all too often set the agenda in Washington.

In our country, I have found that this cooperation happens not because we agree on everything, but because behind all the labels and false divisions and categories that define us; beyond all the petty bickering and point-scoring in Washington, Americans are a decent, generous, compassionate people, united by common challenges and common hopes. And every so often, there are moments which call on that fundamental goodness to make this country great again."

"Behind all the labels and false divisions and categories that define us... Americans are a... compassionate people... [who possess a] fundamental goodness." Sounds a bit Buddhist, don't it?

Re: Congratulations Obama

Certainly sounds more promising than the present (insert non-Buddhist expletives) you have in power at the moment

Sounds a bit Buddhist, don't it?
    Wait a minute. Not only is he a secret Muslim but he's also a secret Buddhist? Don't let the hard-working Americans find that one out! :shock: :mrgreen:

Congrats to Sen. Obama. Fantastic speech and I love how he strongly praised Sen. Clinton. Classy guy.

It's historic. I still remember way back when I was getting my feet wet in electoral politics when Rev. Jesse Jackson ran for the primaries.

Yoo-hoo.

Yes we can!

Quote Originally Posted by Gregor
    Yes we can!
    I sure hope so.

By the way -- nice to see you, Gregor.

--Charles