Thread: Time to practice

Time to practice

At the moment there are things happening in China that are getting a bit out of hand regarding the situation in Tibet. There is a anti-Western sentiment beginning from the goings on recently. My friend sent me a Anti-western propaganda video. Opinions and attitudes are no doubt going to be thrown around. I don't follow the news or politics, but I feel that this is a good time to strengthen my practice not only for myself. Many students are probably going to be caught up in it in some way or another and I feel it is my responsibility to be a center in the chaos, since that's what I practice.

Just thought I'd let you know. It's so easy to be effected by this stuff.

Gassho Will

May all being be happy
    May they be peaceful
    May they be free

Re: Time to practice

Stay safe, keep a low profile. Peace, Jundo

I've been watching the situation with the reaction in China to the Olympic torch protests, it's quite worrying. I hope when nationalism sentiment calms down a bit that some useful dialogue between the different parties can take place. It certainly shines a light back on our behaviour in the West.

Crazy story:

http://www.globalvoicesonline.org/2008/ ... -protests/

Skye

Take care will and I hope the storm passes well.

Just something I noticed from this experience that Jundo's probably been talking about all this time.

I'm sure we all have moments where we feel great. We are open and everything seems ok, our practice is centered. I found that when things are "not" ok, I would prefer them to be the way they were or "better", but I think the key is to just accept things the way they are and don't have the attitude that things could be better and try to make them that way. At the moment there is no future only now, so like a rabbit chasing a carrot on a string, I guess it's ok to just let the carrot dangle.

Gassho Will

Be safe, Will! I'll keep you in my thoughts.

I was wondering how things were going with all of the ruckus going on as of late . As said above, lay low and stay safe!

Gassho
    Dirk

Hi Will,

I've been thinking about you in that situation as well. It's probably best not to say too much.

Quote Originally Posted by will
    Many students are probably going to be caught up in it in some way or another and I feel it is my responsibility to be a center in the chaos, since that's what I practice.
    Yes, nicely said. Be well, Will.

Gassho
    Ken

Hi Will

Stay centred in that sitting place, knowing that you are doing good. Stay sane in an insane world.

Oddly the media in the UK seems to have gotten bored of it for the time being :roll:

My sister-in-law is Chinese and her and my brother-in-law are going out there for a month or so in June, near X'ian, I think. Got to say I have had worrying thoughts about her getting back here if things get funny.

My sister-in-law has also just completed her Masters dissertation comparing Chinese and Western media. Mmm got in a bit of trouble there and had to change bits as her tutor back in China said it was too political, apparently the government don't control the media, they manage it :roll: Surprised they even alowed that theme. Another reason for concern at her return just now.

Stay well Will.

Kenneth
    It's probably best not to say too much.
    Yep. Agreed.

G,W

Will. some music perhaps? Gassho Kent

Will. some music perhaps? Gassho Kent
    :lol:

Actually, you can expect something soon. A little Zen ditty/video. Not your usually.

G,W

Take care and be safe, Will.

Gassho,

Linda