Thread: Will's sitting schedule

Will's sitting schedule

Just so it doesn't get mixed with the Treeleaf schedule.

6:30am (10:30pm UTC)

5:30pm (9:30 am UTC)

9:30pm (1:30pm UTC)

Everyday

G,W

Re: Will's sitting schedule

If anyone would like to sit daily and the time is a little off, we can rearrange a different time.

G,W

Quote Originally Posted by will
    Just so it doesn't get mixed with the Treeleaf schedule.
    09:30 AM UTC - 5:30pm China (9:30 am England/10:30am Spain/5:30am New York/ 6:30pm Japan)
    03:00 PM UTC - 11:00pm China (3:00pm England/ 4:00am Spain/ 11:00am New York/12am Japan)
    10:30 PM UTC - 6:30am China (10:30pm England, 6:30 pm New York/ 11:30 pm Spain/ 7:30 am Japan)
    Thanks Will! That works well for me.

Edit: I've added the UTC times for the sittings above.

Skye

Hello Will,

Thanks for that.
    5:30 for you, 09:30 GMT or 10:30EST fits in well with BST (Baby Sleeping Time).
    Failing that 11:00pm your time may be a good bet so I should be able to sit with you at some point.

All the best,

Philip

heh BST i like that
    I can join in the latter one i thing (11pm your time)

looking forward to it!

Gassho
    Dirk

Saw a few people pop in and out of the room while we were sitting, but just "blue screens" no video.
    May I suggest if you need to set up your computer and test settings, please start in the Meeting Room:

http://www.treeleaf.org/zendo/meeting-room.php

From there you can click the link over to the Sitting Room when you're ready.

The video is a little distracting at first, for sure, but I'm sure I'll get used to it quickly. I put the laptop out of my sight but that just made it worse because I had to fight the urge to glance I suppose in a traditional Zendo, although you're facing a wall, you still have a bit of connection with those sitting around you through your peripheral vision? Never been to one...

Just another thing for me to drop, it's working or not working, it can all wait until the sitting is finished. I've got the planning and fixing monkey mind. It's fun to think of all the people sitting at funny angles on this spinning globe and all our simultaneously true perspectives. Tomorrow's session with sutras & stuff is going to be fun!

Thanks,
    Skye

I find the time differences are a bit confusing, especially as the clocks go forward in the UK this weekend. I got caught out in Second Life when they went to Summer Time at a different time from us 3 weeks ago in the US. Might be easier to announce times from just one zone/city only and then we can add or subtract for our own zone?
    I hope to make the 10.30pm (UK time) sitting tonight - I usually sit at that time anyway,

Gassho,
    John

John,

That is the reason I suggest everyone post the UTC times in addition to any local time zones. We all switch to daylight savings at different dates and some not at all, the best way is to pick your local time for "leading" a sitting, then convert it with this:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedform.html

Then post the UTC time in the forum. The UTC time can be compared to the UTC clock in the Sitting & Meeting rooms so there's no confusion. For now, London time = UTC but that will change shortly when you switch to BST. Japan, India, and China do NOT do daylight savings so Will's UTC sitting times shouldn't change - however the local England times will change.

Skye

Skye, Will etc.,

If I do not have a camera set up and look in the sitting room, does it cause you guys/gals to see a blank blue square? And, if so, is it distracting? I would like to sit at the same time when I can but I don't want to distract anyone else in the room. I'm undecided on getting a camera (my computer is kind of old and has about all it can handle right now)

Thanks,
    Ron

Yes, you'll just show up as a blue square. Not distracting at all, for me anyway.

Maybe MeBeam will add the feature of being able to replace your feed with a static image, as a privacy screen or for those without webcams. I'll suggest it to the developers.

Skye

Skye,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Ron

And, if so, is it distracting?
    I think that's alright. No problem

G,W

Will

it has been a pleasure to sit with you over the last few days (I promise to sit on the floor - once I sort out this wireless malarky - I normally do )

Anyway the clocks went forward last night so that (& a working and family life) - have curtailed my efforts, so in bold I put in the new UK times:

09:30 AM UTC - 5:30pm China (10:30 am England/10:30am Spain/5:30am New York/ 6:30pm Japan)
    03:00 PM UTC - 11:00pm China (4:00pm England/ 4:00am Spain/ 11:00am New York/12am Japan)
    10:30 PM UTC - 6:30am China (11:30pm England, 6:30 pm New York/ 11:30 pm Spain/ 7:30 am Japan)
    I may swing by at the weekend in the morning or afternoon (family permitting). 11:30pm is too Zen hardcore for me (I know us Limeys hey! )

Best wishes & thanks for all your efforts

Jools

11:30pm is too Zen hardcore for me
    Yep. I have to cut the chatting short at the end of the 11pm sits, so I can get to bed. Anyone who showed up at the 6:30 sitting probably noticed I was missing. My pillow had total control. :roll:

I was on there at 7:00 though No more late night music sessions for me for a bit. This schedule is really good for noticing balance and such I think. See you at the next.

G,W

See you in an hour Will.

Kev

I will be away on a family holiday so will not be able to sit with you online. I will try and sit at one of the times so will sit with you but in an invisible way. Once I'm back I will be back on view.

All the best

philip

Oh and the clocks changed in Spain too so EST is still +1 over GMT

woo. I have to tell you these late night sits definitely leave me groggy in the morning

Hey guys at 5:30pm from now on I'll be sitting 2 rounds of Zazen with kinhin.

Hopefully Kev will bring his clappers.

G,W

I was going to wait til after this evening to post this, but I guess I'll post it now. I'll be changing the 11:00pm sit to 10:30pm starting tomorrow April 3rd (that's 2:30pm UTC I believe)

G,W

excellent. no longer right when we cook dinner here

Suit me a bit better too.

Having said that we're packing the van after an on the spur decision to go off camping round North Wales for a week. Make the most of what's left of Clare's maternity leave. So I won't be about for the next week.

Be good Buddhas.

In gassho, Kev

Have fun Kev.

Gassho Will

I've changed my evening sitting to 9:30 pm (1:30pm UTC)

G,W