Thread: Nice

Nice

Nice job on the upgrade!!

Re: Nice

Yes, very nice I say.

Yes, I do not think that I have thanked Skye anywhere near enough. You did a great thing here, and my remaining eyesight is saved!

Gassho, Jundo

PS- If folks continue to have problems with speed, posting, connecting, etc. ... please drop a message. We may have to consider moving the whole site to a new host provider.

No problem, it really wasn't too difficult. I do this sort of thing all the time for my 'hobby ISP'

It's pretty much constantly, painfully slow. This page took 13 seconds to load (!), and the database is currently running about 500 times slower than it should be (no joke, 6.6 rows per second vs 3500+ on a normal server)... these "shared hosting" providers often pack far too many sites on a single box and never monitor the performance for maximum profit.

Skye

6.6 rows per second vs 3500+ on a normal server
    You know I was think that just the other day.

(Great effort even if you feel it's small, so thank you.)

Quote Originally Posted by Skye
    No problem, it really wasn't too difficult. I do this sort of thing all the time for my 'hobby ISP'

It's pretty much constantly, painfully slow. This page took 13 seconds to load (!), and the database is currently running about 500 times slower than it should be (no joke, 6.6 rows per second vs 3500+ on a normal server)... these "shared hosting" providers often pack far too many sites on a single box and never monitor the performance for maximum profit.

Skye
    Well, sometimes in our Zen Practice, a little slowness, inefficiency, tedium and frustration is a good thing ... especially in this age of instant gratification. Good thing I don't insist that everyone do a series of bows, bell ringings and chants toward the computer screen before posting anything. (In fact, I always at least Gassho to the computer before opening Treeleaf, and before closing. I recommend something like that to you all).

But if it becomes too big of an issue for folks, we will consider a move. Let me know if anyone is having too many serious glitches.

Gassho, Jundo

I've had a lot of trouble with the website being slow in the past, but since the upgrade its been really zippy -- don't know if this just a coincidence or not.