Thread: Bon Voyage

Bon Voyage

Bon Voyage, Jundo Mina and Leon.

Indeed, happy travels. Moving house is one of my least favourite things in this world

Can we come visit the new digs when you're settled?

Skye

Safe travels, Jundo, Mina, and Leon.

Have a safe trip.

Ron

Yes! Safe trip. It was so wonderful meeting you and your family. My only regret is that you're leaving. Then again, as you say, you're not going anywhere! :lol:

Bon Voyage. Hope the trip isn't too stressful.

Gassho,

Linda

Be sure to let us know when you get settled in... we'll have to have a house warming party at your place. :wink:

Ciao!

Hi Guys,

Thank you for the Bon Voyage. Yes, I hope that lots of folks will make it over in the coming years, after we get the place in shape. Right now, it has no floors except in one room.

Gassho, J

Stephanie
    Is this something that is yet to be, or something that has already occurred? Either way, well wishes.

Be safe :!:

Gassho,
    Jordan

May your journey be uneventful and your return to Japan exquisite. May you all be well.

In Gassho~

Lynn

All of the above!
    Safe travels!

Gassho
    Dirk

Wherever the next mediation is. Every now and then I make it back to Norfolk, England.
    Have a safe and stress free trip, all.
    Gassho

Martin

Wishing you and your family safe travels and a joyous return to Japan.

The floors still aren't done?

Quote Originally Posted by Rev R
    The floors still aren't done?
    Yes, all construction stopped while we were away.

For those who don't know, "Treeleaf in Tsukuba" is a set of old traditional wooden Japanese buildings, held together by hand carved joints without nails. Not only did we find termites (a whole story on how, after research on Buddhist traditions on the subject of pests, we "asked them to leave politely" for several days before we poisoned those who refused to move on), but earthquake reinforcement is necessary. The earthquake work won't keep any of it from falling down, but it might keep it from falling down enough that my family and i could make an escape.

"Simultaneously True" Buddhist perspectives: Life and death are nothing. But, look both ways before crossing the street.

Gassho, Jundo

Right on.

I'd like to see a couple of wintertime photos of the garden, if you can squeeze that into your busy schedule.

Hi Jundo,

I wish you all a safe and non-eventful trip back to Japan!

Gassho
    Ken

Unfortunately, I do not have a winter photo. I heard it snowed a couple of times. I hope that there is still a garden when I get back. Fortunately, someone wrapped the trees for us (they do that in Japan) ...

Yugen
    Jundo,
    It sounds like there will be a lot of joyous, hard work to get the place in shape. A real labor of love. Safe travels to you and your family. If time permits, it would be wonderful to post photographs/updates for us to see... easy for me to suggest... I am not the one doing the work.... put a hammer or rake in my mind when I come visit!

Gassho,
    Alex

Hi,

For those who have never seen wood & rocks 'Treeleaf', here is a little film ...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 7164673121

... and here is the day we 'lost' (but did we?) our big tree in the garden ...

http://treeleafzen.blogspot.com/2007/09 ... arden.html

Gassho, J

Wow that's your place :shock:

Desire.....

best go sit :lol:

i'm glad you and your family arrived safely.