Thread: Catching Up? Does it Matter?

Catching Up? Does it Matter?

When I joined Treeleaf, I started with the beginning of the Beginners Series (seemed like a logical place to begin). Some days I slack off and don't sit, some days I sit twice, but I'm still a couple of weeks "behind" the latest.

I'm wondering if I should try to sit a few times a day and catch up, or does it matter?

Thanks,
    Skye

HI Skye,

I have never heard of "catch-up" Zazen!

I would just start again and again in this moment, and this moment, and this ...

Do as you can to sit daily.

Gassho, J

I think sitting once a day will be more helpful to your practice than missing a couple of days and then sitting two or three times. You might get a bit of overkill, especially is you are struggling to sit sometimes. If you are trying to catch up on what Jundo has to say then maybe listen to two talks and sit with one?

I do not think "catch-up" Zazen is necessarily a good thing, but I have done "make-up" Zazen after a fight with my wife.

That was followed with lots of other "make-up" stuff.

Gassho, Jundo

The more you look out for the goal, the longer it takes to get there.
    Just sit.

May the force be with you
    Tb

I'm not looking for anything in particular, its just that the daily zazen is often related to topics in the Forum and I don't want to be two weeks behind for eternity... although perhaps that in itself is something I need to sit with. The last few days I've being doing talk-zazen-talk which seems to be good. I'm in a different kind of receptive mood after the zazen, for sure.

I haven't missed sitting too many days this month, and I'm working on being even more regular.

Skye