Thread: Life is short

Life is short

Life is too short for us to fall victim to our mental hang-ups. Let's all just take a deep breath, let go and move on.

I'm not a Christian but Amen to that :!:

Must be a Gregorian :lol: :lol: :lol:

Go in peace my child.

AMEN as well.

I might spin Greg's statement this way: If our ideas about Zen Buddhism are causing us to become angry defending them, what is the point of practice? Don't get me wrong, differences of opinion are fine, and sincere questions are fine, but ultimately those things matter a lot less than treating each other with respect and staying focused on our practice. So, ask questions, defend ideas, but not at the expense of inner and outer peace.

Bill

Bill,

Thank you for what you said. I think it's important for us to reflect on what you are talking about.

I'm flooding the forum with this. I think it would be helpful for us to reflect upon

This day has passed.
    Our lives, too, are closing.
    Like fish with little water,
    Joy will not last.
    Let us work with pure effort.
    Work as we would were our heads aflame.
    Be mindful of impermanence.
    Be careful of idleness.

Thanks, Gregor.

And that was very well said, Bill.

I think I will go clean my toilet and end the evening with a cup of tea and by petting one of the four furry children...or all of them.

In Gassho...

*Lynn

Thanks to you all. Me too.
    I am enjoying my first cup of coffee. It is a new day.

Quote Originally Posted by louis
    Thanks to you all. Me too.
    I am enjoying my first cup of coffee. It is a new day.

Hey Folks!

My personal favourite zen moment every day (apart from the actual Shikantaza) has to be making myself a cup of tea with some milk in it. Aren't those turbulences in our tea cups abolutely wonderful. Fractal perfection....wish I had a picture.

Gassho,

Hans

Quote Originally Posted by Hans
    Hey Folks!

My personal favourite zen moment every day (apart from the actual Shikantaza) has to be making myself a cup of tea with some milk in it. Aren't those turbulences in our tea cups abolutely wonderful. Fractal perfection....wish I had a picture.

Gassho,

Hans

I love google images... :wink:

G

And then a hero comes along....

Gassho,

Hans

Hans, me too. I usually do not stir and then watch.
    Check out these water strider's,especially figures 2 and 3. The van Gogh effect is due to the convection currents of the heated water interacting with the thymol blue which causes funny surface tension effects given the lower viscosity. The vortices are the same you would see if you were pulling oars through water.

Oh wow! Starry Night. Beautiful.

Hey, check out what's going on in Figure 9!
    http://www-math.mit.edu/~dhu/Climberweb/climberweb.html
    ops: