Thread: deleted

Re: On the Path

Hi Will...

I'm going to just going to offer a couple of thoughts on this, mostly because, as with many things people do and say, I recognize things from my own personal practice so they might help out. :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by will
    Can it be said that any intelligent person seeking to achieve Buddhahood, not be discouraged from pursuing any avenue that they see fit? That things should be tried, and tested with honesty and will to the truth?
    As far as I can tell, there is always free will in any pursuit of the Path. If it seems good for you to try and test, go for it. If it is done with a sincere heart you will know if it is accord with the teachings. If it is done in the pursuit of self, then it will not bear lasting fruits and there will be suffering created for self and possibly others.

Quote Originally Posted by will
    That the student will not always be a student, but might surpass any understanding or inventivness that has come before? That each person has the ability to achieve Buddhahood, and that all beings are Buddha and are capable of shining and expressing the Dharma in ways that are unique?
    To answer the last question: that's a given, in as much as we are all individual facets of the same jewel but the way the light refracts through us will be unique to each of us.

As for the first question: I would just suggest taking that question with you to the cushion a few times, especially if you ever consider seriously working with a teacher. See what comes up in your own meditations on this.

Just my $0.02 for the morning! Take it for what you paid for it. :wink:

In Gassho~

*Lynn

Thank you, Lynn. So nice. Gassho, J

Hey Will,

You fooled me, lol. They seemed like perfectly good and reasonable questions to me.

I'd also say, that Buddhist practice is about testing things out for ourselves and in doing this we do inevitably filter things in our own unique way.

Gassho,

Greg