Thread: Hello to everyone!

Hello to everyone!

Greetings all,
    My name is Damian and I have been “interested” in Zen practice for about 7 years. By “interested” I mean that my practice has definitely faltered for long periods of time within that 7 years but I always seem to come back to it. I have been diligently meditating everyday since Jan 1 2008 and am looking forward to making new friends. I hope to eventually take the Jukai but as my options are limited here in Kentucky I do not know when that may happen. I am very glad to have come across this group.

Damian
    Louisville, KY.

Hey Damian,

Welcome to Treeleaf!

Gassho,
    Keith

Hi Damian. Welcome.

Thanks for tidbit Harry.

Gassho Will

Welcome Damian,

I sometimes eat chicken made famous by your state, mmm those secret herbs and spices......mmm

Welcome Aboard!

Gassho,
    Jordan

Stephanie
    Welcome Damian.

I once contemplated the thought of doing a retreat here when I was looking for a place to do retreat when I was back home for a year between undergrad and grad school (I'm originally from Bristol, VA/TN).

Don't know much about the teacher and have never practiced within the Korean Zen tradition before (though I am a fan of Zen Master Seung Sahn's teachings, of whom this guy is a Dharma heir), but it looks like a lovely place.

Welcome!

Gassho

Jarkko the crazy Finn

Hello and Welcome Damian,

What is your avatar?

Gassho,
    Kelly

Thank you all for the warm reception!

Thank you all for the warm reception! I appreciate it very much! I hope to be as active here as some of the "regulars" I see in almost every thread.