Thread: Buddhist Geeks

Buddhist Geeks

Hey Guys,

Buddhist Geeks, the podcast, did an interview with me about Treeleaf. I followed an interview with Ven. Noah Levine, so I guess we're cool now (I have no tattoos though).

http://www.fallingfruit.tv/buddhistgeeks/

By coincidence, the subject came up yesterday on the Treeleaf Forum of "prostelitizing" Zen. I don't believe in that at all, and I don't think that you can do that anyway (our Zazen thing, and especially "Just Sitting", may not be for every person of every temperament who might do better with another practice or totally other religion/philosophy!). I think that when people come to practice Zazen, they should come on their own ... and leave on their own too, so we do not chase after folks who do not feel right.

But I also think that you have to make things known and available to folks who might be looking for such a thing. Otherwise, how are people gonna know?? So, when I do an interview, or put an ad in Buddhadharma or Tricycle magazine, I just want to spread the word that we are out there if anyone is looking for this kind of thing. The main purpose of this Sangha is to reach out to, for example, people with health situations, the elderly who don't drive, folks with jobs and families that keep them from regular attendance at a community Sangha, folks living in isolated areas where they have nobody to sit with ... they can sit with us! So, I do this kind of thing to make our resources known.

I also think that there are not so many people who really are interested in our kind of Practice, so there is no fear of a flood of people at our door. I think we will stay about the same size as about any other local Buddhist Sangha or Zen Center in the West.

Maybe I will get a "Treeleaf" tattoo!

Gassho, Jundo

cool & thank you! 8) downloading now... @ a whopping 4.91kb/s ill give it a listen long after bed time

Gassho
    Dirk

Oh cool. I have not listened to B-geeks for awhile, I guess I'll have to make sure and listen now.

"THE UNIVERSE IS VIRTUAL REALITY!"

I guess I've never really thought hard about what you are doing here Jundő. We all too often take our electronic wizbang creations and high-tech communications methods for granted.

I just want to say thank you again, sincerely, for the great job you do in offering to the world your Sőtő-shu teachings.

I guess I've never really thought hard about what you are doing here Jundő. We all too often take our electronic wizbang creations and high-tech communications methods for granted.

I just want to say thank you again, sincerely, for the great job you do in offering to the world your Sőtő-shu teachings.

I'd like to echo that with huge ditto marks and a deep, folded-hands bow.

ooooooooo....a treeleaf tat! Now that's a very cool idea! I have been pondering getting another tat for my 50th BD but haven't really discovered what it might be. My other two are both very Buddhist in nature so this one will have to be as well. Hmmmmmmmmmm....what does a treeleaf tat look like....hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

ooooooooo....a treeleaf tat! Now that's a very cool idea!

From a Zen perspective, we ALL have Treeleaf tattoos. You just can't see them, because they're not really there. which, of course, is what makes them real...

LOL seriously, if we came up with a really neat Treeleaf logo, or identified an existing one, (the branch and leaves? The calligraphy?) I'd seriously think about getting it. Hell, I might even make t-shirts!

Thanks for the link Jundo.

I must say that it hadn't occurred to me before how "advanced" or "modern" this techno Sangha is. I think that is a good reflection on everyone here, how welcoming and comfortable this place is.

Thanks very much

nice interview Jundo.

and to sound like a broken record I would also like to send a virtual nod of appreciation for the work you are doing. Glad to be a part of this experiment.

*nod*

Hi Jundo,

Great stuff - I'd never heard of 'Buddhist Geeks' before. Many thanks and deep bows.

Gassho
    Ken

I'm a big fan of B Geeks as they generally have excellent informative interviews. I am thrilled that you were invited to participate. i look forward to listening today.
    The very thought of proselytizing is humorous to me. As you state, you are offering an opportunity for people to engage on line. Like others, I am very appreciative of your efforts. Thank you.
    David aka PapaDoc

Thanks for doing the Buddhist Geeks gig. That is how I found out about Treeleaf! I, too, think that you're doing a great thing with this site.

I've listened to Buddhist Geeks for a little bit, this must have slipped by me! TechSattva is pretty good too. I'll make sure to give this interview a listen first chance tomorrow.

Gassho.