Thread: Greetings from the damp NW.

Greetings from the damp NW.

Hello everyone. It is very good to meet you all.

My name (in the real world) is Topher, since I was tired of everyone using the same part of my name that I did. (Christopher. They can have the first half, I'll take the second.) I am a massage therapist in training from Albany, Oregon. I am also beginning to take flight lessons, and just starting a new job at the local airport. What can I say, I love flight.

The closest Zendo to my home is about an hour drive, and between classes, work, my wife and our dogs, I have never gotten a chance to visit. As such, my zen learning is primarily out of books. That's fine most of the time, but getting advice when I feel lost is a Good Thing.

I don't tend towards forums, although this one has drawn me in quite a bit so who knows... If I disappear for a while, it's probably due to a lack of time.

Well, enough rambling from me... Talk to you all later.

Gassho

-Kanno

Hello back at you, from snowy Western Canada!

Welcome to the forum.

hi Kano

A cold and damp North West, Welcome aboard from another north-westerner!

Take Care,
    Jordan

Hi Topher,

Welcome!

Best,
    Keith

Good to meet you Topher, welcome to the leaf.

Best Wishes,
    Louis

I am a massage therapist in training from Albany, Oregon.

Me too! What school, and what type of massage?

Quote Originally Posted by KvonNJ

The Oregon School of Massage (original name, ne?). I am studying Shiatsu primarily. I plan to offer Swedish as relaxation if someone asks, but Shiatsu is definitely my focus. I'm about halfway through schooling, and since I am taking it slow that puts me about a year from graduating.

How about you?

Gassho

-Kanno

Hi Topher,

Welcome, nice to have you here.

Gassho
    Ken

Hi Topher,

Welcome to Treeleaf

Gassho,
    John

Topher,

Welcome!! I think you'll find this "forum", a great way to add a sangha into your life.

take care,

Greg

Howdy doody

reminds me I need to book a shiatsu session with my mate :idea:

Kev

Greetings, Topher, and welcome.

Bill

Hello and welcome from Ontario.

Cheers,
    Kelly

How about you?

About the same. I am heavily into the Asian modalities- Tui Na, Shiatsu, etc...

Greetings!

Quote Originally Posted by KvonNJ

Whoa, whoa! How many of us are here?

Yes, I too am studying the art of massage. Though I don't know the English classifications we focus on 'classical massage' and specialize in 'sports massage'. There's also lots of short (weekend) courses of various other related things available, like Indian Head Massage, Shiatsu, Endopedisomething etc.

After I complete this school (it lasts only a year, I should be ready by June 2008) I'm thinking of going to study Naprapathy or Osteopathy.

Welcome, Kanno!! Hey, I was an LMT in Eugene for a number of years in the 80's. Watch out for that state board exam...it's brutal! (Which is kind of a shame cuz there are some fantastic practioners who can't hang out a shingle because of this test. ) But, you'll be fine! Just meditate and remember to breathe!!!

In Gassho~

*Lynn