Thread: Samui Samu!!

Samui Samu!!

Here in New Brunswick (yesterday) we had nearly 2 feet of snow drop in 12 hours. I spent my "snow day" - work was canceled - working 2x as hard shoveling the driveway (our gent that plows for us had his truck show its impermance :B).

Now we do not have a castle on top of a hill with 3 miles of drive to clear but none the less its a daunting task. I used that 3 hours of shoveling like a samu period, worked away at it with out thinking "UUUUGG this is going to take for ever" etc. Half a shovel load at a time, since i knew i had all day or longer to complete. I just took it easy. 2 hands on the shovel (hehe doesn't work well otherwise) and i actually enjoyed it. Despite the howling winds and constant snow in the face... i noted this when i was all done... i was frosty the zen-man?

Anywho no point to that i guess, just saying "hey thats cool" :B

Samui* Samu!!

Here is a couple of pics of our place around 7am yesterday (the snow was starting to subside then) oh and one from sunday for reference sake... i had just put up the "X"mas lights and took the shot so i could show my wife what they looked like (it was too cold for her to go look- funny thing was it wasn't too cold for ME to put them up LOL -20C [ -4 F])

before the storm:

and after:

Gassho
    Dirk

*Sumui = cold tks to J for that tidbit

Can't see the pic, but I used to love shovelling snow. We don't get much of it here and no drive way.

G,W

Oh sorry will i know why ill fix it right now ... There all done. My apologies.

Gassho
    Dirk

Very cool! Send some of that down my way, eh? All we're getting here is wind with nothing to show for it. I'll take snow any day! Rawr! :P

Krid,

Shoveling is good exercise, and sounds like it can be good practice too!

Thanks for the reminder.

We've had snow in NJ now a couple times already this year, enough to shovel. We had an ice storm too. Think it's gonna be a hairy winter.

You might appreciate Billy Collins's poem "Shoveling Snow with Buddha." You can read it at http://www.americanpoems.com/poets/Billy-Collins/813

Gassho,

Ben

Thanks Krid. Quite a bit of snow there. Snow angels anyone? Or...snow buddhas?? :roll:

G,W

Snow buddhas hehe! theyd look cool all lit up by those chri -er... Rohatsu lights (um yeah... totally representative of Buddha's Enlightenment)

Thanks for sharing that poem Ben! im going to share that with a few friends of mine.

This year (as it is every year) is being touted to be a tough winter. I think our news casting friends like to keep us freaked out a bit

Anywho we're set to get some more tonight and tomorrow once it warms up...yeah its to cold to snow right now!??!? :lol

Gassho
    Dirk