Thread: Faith in people re: E sangha rebirth

Faith in people re: E sangha rebirth

I think it's important to have faith in people. To remember that no matter what our views are or where we come from. We all breathe the same air. This we all share in common and no matter what you say or do, this cannot be erased.

So, to me this talk of suttas and rambling seemed to escape the fact that they really don't matter when confronted with the true facts of our "family" and that (in my opinion) there is no right or wrong, correct view, or incorrect view. There is only this Buddha sitting infront of you on the bus or beside you at work. The Buddha may have an opinion and you might have an opinion, but really you should both just shut up sometimes.

Or maybe I should shut up too.

Gassho Will

Well, at least rebirth is a marginally more interesting topic than gay marriage. Which seems to be what all the other religious groups are riled about right now. :roll:

I'll get myself a teddy bear for christmas. Name suggestions?

Well, at least rebirth is a marginally more interesting topic than gay marriage. Which seems to be what all the other religious groups are riled about right now.

Paige, that's incredibly true. I post regularly on one of the religious debate boards- a rather angry one at times, which strikes me as odd- and it seems that no matter what the topic is, sooner or later someone brings it around to either A) Gay Marriage, or B)the ACLU.
    Apparently, certain faith systems will be utterly sthattered and the wheels of time stop turning if people just mind their own business regarding who wants to have the freedom to love whoever they want, and the ACLU will eventually be responsible for the downfall of civilization.

Quote Originally Posted by Mensch
    Kerouac

Teddy?

Yes. Lloyd. Name him, "Lloyd the Bear."
    No reason. Just because.

Re: Faith in people re: E sangha rebirth

Hey Will,

Quote Originally Posted by will
    So, to me this talk of suttas and rambling seemed to escape the fact that they really don't matter when confronted with the true facts of our "family" and that (in my opinion) there is no right or wrong, correct view, or incorrect view. There is only this Buddha sitting infront of you on the bus or beside you at work. The Buddha may have an opinion and you might have an opinion, but really you should both just shut up sometimes.
    Thank you for this. I tend to agree. I'm dealing with something that I'm going to begin a new thread about, and this sort of goes along with it.

Gassho,
    Keith

People really are just stupid from time to time. Looked at on balance it really can be the most sensible and compassionate thing to point this out.
    I agree Harry. People have the right to be asses and others have the right to tell them they are. I consider that kind of honesty helpful. But many times people cannot leave it at that and then unhelpful actions/speech can result, so I think we have to be careful about our intent in these situations.

Bill

Get 2.

Call them Sid & Arthur.

Harry

But, when people are being bullshitted by religious fundamentalists then I think its a good time not to shut up (particularly when those religious fundamentalists claim to be acting in the interest of 'Buddha Dharma' which really has nothing in the world to do with their preferred flavour of bullshit).
    Yes. Perhaps your right.

G,W

Yep. Don't know what to say. I said "perhaps". Anyway, I've got to go climb a mountain with my friend.

Talk to you later

G,W