Thread: Gone Gone Totally Gone

Gone Gone Totally Gone

Hi Guys,

Please be sure not to miss this ...

http://treeleafzen.blogspot.com/2007/11 ... -gone.html

Gassho, Jundo

Jundo,

It was all good, It's all good still.

I'm going to have a little toast in honor of this auspicious day. ( just a simple glass of water seems fitting)

take care,

Greg

Dear Jundo,

I watched that video with a laughing Zen-eye :lol: (which understands that all is impermanent ) and a crying Ken-eye :cry: (which is full of human attachments) ... In any case I'm glad I was fortunate enough to catch up on all of the talks before they disappeared (about 6 months worth in 6 weeks after I got my DSL).

Gassho
    Ken

While I don't think I'd say "hooray" - that suggests glee over impermanence, rather than mere acceptance - I guess it was to be expected. Nothing lasts forever, though your teachings should maybe have had a longer life than that.

No matter, time for another batch. If you put them on Google Video or YouTube, they'll last a lot longer, I would guess.

Kirk

I'm fairly new to sit-a-long, so now I won't have a chance to view the older videos. Although, dare I say it, it was worth it happening just to see you sitting Zazen whilst wearing a party hat. It's a case of waving goodbye to the old and bringing in the new.

Is there anyway you can back up the videos? I should imagine they'd take up a lot of room though.

Without these videos I doubt I'd be sitting at all still, so it's very much appreciated.

Many thanks!

Welcome to anorther episode of SESSION IMPOSSIBLE. 8)

Really:seems like a great opportunity to switch to a downloadable format for anywhere sitting – like youtube. To avoid the 10-minute length limit you need the aptly named "guru account".

Gassho, Mensch

Jundo, I know you had said you would not be doing the FUKANZAZENGI again, But I think maybe a condensed version for new folks might be a good use of effort.

Gassho,
    Jordan

Hi Guys,

Yes, all thing ever new from this moment.

You-tube and the like do not lend themselves to the type of daily netcast required, because of the filming, file converting and uploading time required. It is really a long process.

If this ever happens again (and it will), then it just happens! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan
    Jundo, I know you had said you would not be doing the FUKANZAZENGI again, But I think maybe a condensed version for new folks might be a good use of effort.

Gassho,
    Jordan
    Okay, I will now give a condensed version of FUKANZAZENGI for those who missed it:

JUST SIT!

Anyway, the very same worldview will be at the heart of our talks on Genjo Koan, starting in the coming days.

Gassho, Jundo

Hi Jordan,

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan
    Well, the blog entries (i.e. text) are still there, at least for the time being. Of course, they're not live and in technicolor, but IMHO they are an excellent resource in and of themselves.

Gassho
    Ken

Wherever the next mediation is. Every now and then I make it back to Norfolk, England.
    Thank you for producing them in the first place, Jundo, and for using their loss as a teaching.

It goes to show how stupid attachments can: I was sad that they are "gone" although I actually had no real intention of looking at them again (I struggle to keep up with the "new" ones!).

I shall miss Ram Ass, though.....

Gassho

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Martin

I shall miss Ram Ass, though.....

Gassho

Martin
    Ram Ass shall return! Ram Ass is always close at hand.

Gassho, J

I think a relative of his moderates on another forum :roll:

I loved sitting with Master Egret ... very cool.

I'll join you there, but I did it different. I actually sat and watched Master Egret, THEN went over to the meditation timer and sat.
    My beloved Sharleen said I was a little intense all day. Interesting.