Thread: With hopes for the retreat

With hopes for the retreat

Friends, I regret that I am tied up most of the day tomorrow, although i may try to sneak a peek. Just wanted you to know that you will be in my thoughts tomorrow.
    I went through a retreat led by a Drepung Loseling monk (former abbot) a couple of Saturday's ago. The gift of this time dedicated to zazen is remarkable. Wish I could be with you on this innaugeral cyber retreat. Thanks to Jundo for putting this together. I look forward to getting a day next week to follow along on the instant replay.
    Again, good wishes.
    Gassho,
    David

wishing well for the retreatants

Dear All:
    I want to join in with PapaDoc David in wishing you all well. I am looking forward to a 'zazenkai on demand' it is actually great to know that when the time is there--so is a retreat.
    I'll be interested in hearing about your thoughts and experiences.
    gassho
    keishin

I will also be thinking of you and sending good thoughts from this side of the world.

--Helena

my best wishes to you all.
    its a great day to sit!

Congratulations to the retreat participants

I also wanted to give my best wishes to all those who participated in this retreat today. I recently had surgery and am unable to sit zazen at this time, but it was really cool to tune in to the live cast and hear some of the chants and stuff. I have a laptop in bed and am able to be online.

It looks like the retreat is going great. Good job everyone.

aebaxter- the great thing is that when you are better, you can do the whole retreat, since it's saved online!

Hope you are better soon!

Gassho,
    Greg

Re: Congratulations to the retreat participants

Hi Al,

Quote Originally Posted by aebaxter
    I recently had surgery and am unable to sit zazen at this time, but it was really cool to tune in to the live cast and hear some of the chants and stuff. I have a laptop in bed and am able to be online.
    Nice to hear from you again. Just wanted to pass on lots of 'get well' wishes to you also.

Gassho
    Kenneth

Re: Congratulations to the retreat participants

Quote Originally Posted by aebaxter
    I also wanted to give my best wishes to all those who participated in this retreat today. I recently had surgery and am unable to sit zazen at this time, but it was really cool to tune in to the live cast and hear some of the chants and stuff. I have a laptop in bed and am able to be online.

It looks like the retreat is going great. Good job everyone.
    Hi AE,

Sit, be on your back, on your belly, standing on your head ... all fine.

Being one with your recovery! Gassho, Jundo

Hey Jundo, just a question.

Straight posture's emphasized in our zazen practice. If someone can't sit, would a lying down posture be best?

Gassho Will

You must be reading my mind, Will (one of the magic powers that come from Zazen) ;-)

By coincidence, I just addressed this same point on the other thread ...

viewtopic.php?p=3784#3784