Thread: Introduction - Dirk (aka krid)

Introduction - Dirk (aka krid)

Hello all, New to the forums here and still new to buddhism. I hope to post more once ive gotten a bit up to speed. Jundo was kind of enough to answer some questions Ive had and ive been watching the sittings @ work during lunch .

A bit about myself:
    Im 31, married, with a one and a half year old wonder Sienna. i live in rural New Brunswick, (Canada). i came to buddism back around May of this year and have been trying on my own to practice. i have been kinda doing a mishmash of different practices together and i figured id better get my self grounded so i wouldnt be running in circles, so to speak. i still have MUCH to learn Looking forward to getting to know you all here.
    i frequent a couple of other sites as well (e-sanga is one of them and thanks to a post from a forum member there i ended up here )

_/_

dirk

Hi Dirk,

Welcome to Treeleaf!

Gassho,
    Keith

hi dirk.. welcome to jundo's bus. glad you're here. - jeff

dharmabump
    Welcome! The more the merrier!

Gassho,
    Jim

Oops, double post. ops: I'll just make the best of it and say welcome again.

Welcome Dirk!

I'd bet that we all have much to learn, which is good. It would be pretty boring to have all the answers... (and I bet we'd get pretty arrogant and closed-minded, which would be REALLY annoying!)

Gassho,
    Greg

hey Dirk

I've suddenly got an urge to read Douglass Adams.

Welcome to the Treeleaf!

Gassho,

Hans

Dirk,
    Welcome aboard!

Gassho,
    Jordan

Hi Dirk, Glad to have you with us.

take care,

greg

thank you all!

Quote Originally Posted by Rev R
    hey Dirk

I've suddenly got an urge to read Douglass Adams.
    haha i know i have that book... i cannot find it or remember its name!! please share it ... o wait...!!! holistic detective something something...Doh!

_/_

Hey Dirk,

We are in a similar boat. Treeleaf is a wonderful Sangha, and I feel honoured to be a member. Like you, I once frequented e-sangha, not knowing which tradition to settle into; practicing ‘mishmash’ Buddhism trying get a feel for what each tradition was all about, and which one felt most like home. But I grew frustrated with the mishmash of e-sangha, and the constant bickering over differences in opinion between one tradition and the next. Luckily my interests in Zen developed keen enough to lead me to Jundo and Treeleaf. There is a certain sense of community here that is unusual to see for a web forum. And despite how modest everyone is around here, there is a lot that can be learned from this crowd by a couple newbies like us.

Anyways, hello from Ontario next-door (kinda),
    Cheers,
    Kelly

Hello from a fellow Canadian!

Heh, your name made me think of Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency too!

-paige

howdy neighbors! *waves @ kelly M and paige*

And that is the book Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency!!!! My wife picked up back when we were dating for a bit of a joke. Well at least i didnt remind you all of Boogie Nights :/ thats one i get a lot. When i was first dating Carrie, her brother told their mom my last name was Diggler - and up until we had the wedding invites printed she never knew otherwise.

_/_
    dirk

Wherever the next mediation is. Every now and then I make it back to Norfolk, England.
    Hi Dirk and welcome. Canada is one of my very favourite countries.

Gassho

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by krid
    howdy neighbors! *waves @ kelly M and paige*

And that is the book Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency!!!! My wife picked up back when we were dating for a bit of a joke. Well at least i didnt remind you all of Boogie Nights :/ thats one i get a lot. When i was first dating Carrie, her brother told their mom my last name was Diggler - and up until we had the wedding invites printed she never knew otherwise.

_/_
    dirk
    Actually I was thinking Long Dark Tea Time of the Soul since my copy of Holistic Detective Agency is out on loan.