Thread: Hello from finland

Hello from finland

Hello people, my name is jarkko and im from finland. I live town called Turku in south of finland. I have been intrested Zen lately but allways had a somekind of attract in buddishm. I have been searching myself many years and now im here so hello everybody its nice to meet you all.

Gassho
    Jarkko

hello from finland

Hello and welcome Jarkko!

gassho
    Keishin

Welcome - yes!! I'm not the newest member anymore...
    :lol:

Hello new Treeleaves!

Great to see you folks here, make yourself feel at home.

I have very fond memories of Turku and Finland in general....a finnish girl broke my heart when I was 18 years old...sigh.......oh, the wonderful romance, the wonderful agony of it all.

A big Gassho to you,

Hans

Hello Jarkko! Welcome...

gassho, greg

Hey Jarkko,

Welcome to you.

Gassho,
    Keith

Thank you all!

Hans,
    Ah sweet tears of love, thats the way it goes. Im sorry that you two didnt make it.

Harry,
    Refrigerator in finnish is Jääkaappi. =]

Gassho
    Jarkko

Hey Jarkko!

Thank you for your concern, but both me and my wife (who is not the finnish girl in question !!!) are pretty much unified in our opinion that it's great that things turned out the way they have. With us two happily married

Nevertheless Kiitos....and by the way, Nightwish is one of my favourite bands on the planet (yes, I am shallow....so what???), not to mention Lordi and Amorphis...

Sorry for bombarding you with all those clichees, but I spent some of the happiest moments of my entire life in Finland (been there more than once...). Although obviously from a Zen perspective the best/worst moments of your life always happen at the same time - RIGHT NOW.

Gassho,

Hans

P.S. Didn't they only just recently publish Brad Warner's Hardcore Zen in Finland? Check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Hans
    Hey Jarkko!

Thank you for your concern, but both me and my wife (who is not the finnish girl in question !!!) are pretty much unified in our opinion that it's great that things turned out the way they have. With us two happily married

Nevertheless Kiitos....and by the way, Nightwish is one of my favourite bands on the planet (yes, I am shallow....so what???), not to mention Lordi and Amorphis...

Sorry for bombarding you with all those clichees, but I spent some of the happiest moments of my entire life in Finland (been there more than once...). Although obviously from a Zen perspective the best/worst moments of your life always happen at the same time - RIGHT NOW.

Gassho,

Hans

P.S. Didn't they only just recently publish Brad Warner's Hardcore Zen in Finland? Check it out!
    Heippa Hans!

Im happy with your marriage.
    It is nice that you liked beeing here. Finland could be little depressing in autumns and winter time. All the light has gone and it feels like life has gone somewhere warmer places. Finland is like garlic, you like it or not.

No need to say sorry, nice to talk with you.

Yeah, i have seen the book in store but newer read it. Do you think its good to check it out?

Gassho
    Jarkko

Hei Jarkko!

Yeah, definitly check the book out....it's the same lineage (Jundo's teacher is also Brad's teacher)....though we're more like Brad's "boring" nephews. Nevertheless, even if you're not into Punk Rock, Monster movies etc. the book makes some very important points from more or less "our" perspective. Definitely a refreshing read, to use a neutral term.

Gassho,

Hans

Quote Originally Posted by Hans
    Hei Jarkko!

Yeah, definitly check the book out....it's the same lineage (Jundo's teacher is also Brad's teacher)....though we're more like Brad's "boring" nephews. Nevertheless, even if you're not into Punk Rock, Monster movies etc. the book makes some very important points from more or less "our" perspective. Definitely a refreshing read, to use a neutral term.

Gassho,

Hans
    Ok, i have to read it. Thanks for advice.

Hezb,
    Yeah, weird fins =D

Gassho
    Jarkko

Welcome Jarkko! It is nice to meet you too.

Wherever the next mediation is. Every now and then I make it back to Norfolk, England.
    Hi Jarkko, and welcome

Gassho

Martin

Hi Jarkko,

Welcome. I visited Finland for the first time in spring 2006 (Lapland, for a beautiful x-country skiing trip) and had a stop-over in Helsinki in that summer as well. I loved it!

Gassho
    Kenneth

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth
    Hi Jarkko,

Welcome. I visited Finland for the first time in spring 2006 (Lapland, for a beautiful x-country skiing trip) and had a stop-over in Helsinki in that summer as well. I loved it!

Gassho
    Kenneth
    Hello kenneth and thank you
    Lapland is sooo beautifull. I have dream that ill move there someday.

Gassho
    Jarkko

Welcome to treeleaf Jarrko. I hope you find it as enjoyable a place as I have.

Hello to Finland, and hello to you as well Jarkko.

R