Thread: zazen Greg

zazen Greg

Interesting video today guys. "Back to you Jundo "

Jundo how about a test group sitting?

Gassho Will

Hi Will,

Apparently, I can do up to 5 (maybe 10) people at the same time. However, I would like to do "one at a time" so we can meet each other a little more.

Okay, who is the next "gunea pig"? Will? Have a camera on the computer yet?

Any volunteers?

Gassho, Jundo

Yikes :shock: Any volunteers? heh ops:

Yeah. I've got a camera. My computer seems to be acting up though. Do you use skype?

Gassho

I do not use Skype for the "Sit-a-long with Jundo" netcast, only for private conversations (Sanzen).

If someone is interested in sitting with me on the netcast, I can email you privately and tell you how to set it up. It is easy, nothing to download or anything. You just need to register for a service that is similar to "youtube"

Gassho, J

Did I hear you mention there is a retreat in the works?
    If so, count me in.

On the Retreat ...

I am thinking to do a one day retreat during this month. The reason it will only be one day is that it is partly a test to see if I can get the technology to work (it is a little different than the netcast, due to the length and format). Also, because I am in Florida, I do not have the physical resources to do this as I do in Japan (where I have a Zendo!).

We have people in different time zones, and working jobs. So, the structure of the retreat will be rather unique too: I will do the whole retreat live here, in normal fashion, but it will be recorded in units (e.g., morning sitting, morning ceremony, meals, samu, etc. similar for afternoon and evening). Folks will be encouraged to do the whole retreat in order, but it can be on another day ... for example, if their day off is later in the week for working people.

It is another experiment! We will figure it out together as we go along!

I hope to have the chants for the retreat ready to send out soon. There will also be some preliminary lessons in how to do "Oryoki" and how to participate in the ceremonies.

Gassho, Jundo

Jundo

I hope to have the chants for the retreat ready to send out soon. There will also be some preliminary lessons in how to do "Oryoki" and how to participate in the ceremonies.
    Great.

Gassho

Very interesting. . .

Sounds very interesting, though slightly intimidating as I have no idea what to expect. I look forward to it though.

Perfect for me since I have a very full life but I fit in as much as I can. I am looking forward to doing this. My daughter has a camera that I can hook up although it will be very poor picture quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Jundo
    This sounds excellent! Very excited!

Gassho