Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sangha Photos

These were some pictures I took about three weeks ago in Stephens State Park, which is near my home in the mountains of northern New Jersey. My kids and I hike around here every Sunday afternoon. Probably nothing like what people picture when they think of NJ, but this is home...
    (The pic I use for my avatar was taken by my 5 year old the same day, in a sort of wigwam someone had built near one of the less used trails.)

went to do the dishes lastnight, set the water to run, gathered up some stray coffee cups and came back, found these... had to take a pic of it.
    (click to enlarge - i know its kinda big but look closely @ the little bubbles)

Uh oh, a photography thread? Don't get me started... :twisted:

My visual sketchbook is on Flickr here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/iamskye/

Some overtly Buddhist examples from various trips to Taiwan:

I'm finding a great deal in common between Zen practice and candid street photography. It is a very meditative state on the street, a weird calm balance between openness to your surroundings, what you want to express, technical considerations, and luck. A weird meeting of analytic and synthetic - which you have to both hold, but not too tight. At some point I may write something up on the topic.

And then other times, I just like taking pictures of "things"

Anyway, I could go on... and on... and on... photography and Buddhism are my main kicks these days!!

Skye

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12