If there are one or two things to particularly remember from the previous chapter, perhaps it is the 'empty rowboat' story (please re-read that a couple of times ... it is worth the time) and this quote ...

'The wonder of living with anything is ... what? It's perfect in being as it is. ... Now you may say that's all very well with things on this level, which are of course fairly trivial. What about serious problems, such as grief and anguish? What I'm saying is that they're not different ...

... I think maturing practice is the ability to be with life and just be in it as it is.'

This all ties in with 'hitting the reset button', the theme of my talk Friday on the Blog. So does the following ... a talk on 'false fears'. Thus we say ...

" I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I ...... am afraid! "

Gassho, Jundo

PS- I am wondering if you would like to stay with this book, or make a switch. We are coming to the end of the original reading list. I could switch to one of the other books that were suggested on the 'favorite books' thread of the Forum. Myself, I like this book ... even the 10% where her Zen style is a little different from my own.