Tugas Gunadarma Gunadarma Tutorial VB.NET Download OST Anime Soundtrack Anime Opening Anime Ending Anime OST Anime Japan Download Lagu Anime Jepang

Thread: Introduction

Introduction

Hello All,

I recently registered as a member, however, as I was just looking over the member list, I see that I actually registered a year ago as "Dainin Keith." But I guess I'll just use "Keith." Anyway, you may remember me as a guest sitter with Jundo a few months back, when we bowed to the trash can.

I am originally from Connecticut, now living with my wife and two beautiful young sons in south Florida. I teach a combined Kindergarten/Grade 1 class in a public Montessori school. I have a Ph.D. and MA in education, and a BFA in Drama. I have been practicing Zen for about two-and-a-half years. Up to that point I only read about Zen for many years, but it wasnít until I read Brad Warner's "Hardcore Zen" that I actually got my butt on a zazfu. I will always be grateful for him for that (even though Iím not really into punk or monster movies).

It was via my search for a Soto group in my area that I was fortunate to meet Jundo; and I'm happy to say that he has been my teacher ever since. I took the Precepts with him in a lovely and simple jukai in a beautiful park. He gave me the name Dainin (and he sure knows that I need "Great Patience"). I sure miss him and his family since they moved to Japan, but I am thankful for Treeleaf. I have pretty much read all the posts here and I am very impressed with the level of discourse and civility.

I just ordered "Everyday Zen," so I'll be joining the book club conversation as soon as I am caught up to you all. I would love to post an avatar (I have a photo of myself), but try as I may, I cannot get it to work. So, any assistance with this will be much appreciated!

Enough of me rambling on! It's damn good to be here with you good folks!

Hi Keith and welcome from another newbie! I too was having a heck of a time getting the avatar sized using photoshop, so I used this online tool and it worked a treat:

http://www.shrinkpictures.com/create-avatar/

Looks like I need to build up my book collection again. I read Everyday Zen years ago, but none of my books made the move with me to England. :cry:

Gassho,
    Bruce

Hey Bruce,

Thanks for the welcome! Thanks also for the tip about my avatar, but I still couldn't get it to work. I'm going to ask one of my tech savvy colleagues to take a look mat it tomorrow. Hopefully, she'll get it to work.

I also read "Everyday Zen" a few years back, but I'm looking forward to a fruitful discussion with fellow Treeleafers.

Take care,
    Keith

Welcome Brother,

It is good to have you here.

I would love to post an avatar (I have a photo of myself), but try as I may, I cannot get it to work. So, any assistance with this will be much appreciated!
    I opened the image I wanted to use and edited it with Microsoft Office Picture Manager. I used the resize link and adjusted the size untill it was approximately 80 x 80 pixels. That seemed to do the trick.

Good luck.

Gassho,

Urug 8)

Hi Keith,

Welcome, nice to have you here.

Gassho
    Kenneth

oops -- duplicate post -- sorry ops:

Hi Urug and Kenneth,

Thanks to you both for your nice welcomes.

Urug,

Re: my avatar, I'll give your suggestion a try and see what happens.

Thanks again,
    Keith

Hey will & Harry,

Thank you!

Welcome Keith! Great to have the original Tree Leafer back!

Gregor,

Aw shucks... ops: Thanks! However, I cannot claim that title. Treeleaf was conceived long before I came on the scene.